Banbury United suffered their first opening day of the season defeat for ten years, going down 1-0 at home to ten-man Poole.
A Steve Devlin penalty after 57 minutes earned the South coast side the three Southern League Premier Division points.
The spot-kick was awarded after Tanasheh Abrahams fouled Marvin Brooks.
The visitors lost ex-Oxford United man Carl Pettefer, who was sent off for a reckless challenge on Jack Westbrook on the half-hour.
Banbury Utd: Nuamah, Cray, Strafford, Mzungwana, Westbrook (Osyemi 80), Murombedzi, Abrahams, Evangelinos, Green (Adekunie 58), Martin (Browne 88) , Masri. Subs not used: Oke, Vincent-Young, Brooks.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United