Banbury United suffered their first opening day of the season defeat for ten years, going down 1-0 at home to ten-man Poole.
A Steve Devlin penalty after 57 minutes earned the South coast side the three Southern League Premier Division points.
The spot-kick was awarded after Tanasheh Abrahams fouled Marvin Brooks.
The visitors lost ex-Oxford United man Carl Pettefer, who was sent off for a reckless challenge on Jack Westbrook on the half-hour.
Banbury Utd: Nuamah, Cray, Strafford, Mzungwana, Westbrook (Osyemi 80), Murombedzi, Abrahams, Evangelinos, Green (Adekunie 58), Martin (Browne 88) , Masri. Subs not used: Oke, Vincent-Young, Brooks.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge