SKIPPER James Fitz-john’s maiden county century helped Oxfordshire Under 17s hammer previously unbeaten opponents Dorset at Dean Park.
Fitzjohn compiled a well-crafted 123 from 211 balls as Oxon made an impregnable 373-7 after being inserted in the friendly match.
The visitors then bowled Dorset out for 132 to secure a 241-run first innings victory.
Oxon batted again, but their efforts to score quickly saw them reduced to 89-8 before the sides called it a day.
In teh first innings, Tom Condon and George Reid put on 60 for the first wicket, with the former hitting a patient 47.
Fitzjohn held things together with an innings featuring 15 fours and one six.
Oxon kept Dorset in the field until the second morning when Callum Russell (54) and Leo Bethell (46) made hay.
Dom Clutterbuck had the latter dropped eight times over the two innings, while Jem Warner took 3-78.
Warner (31no) then top-scored in the hosts’ reply.
Saim Hussain (3-19) was the pick of the attack, Hendrick Robyns and Max Mannering taking two wickets apiece.
That gave the visitors their ninth win of the season, but they were unable to force a two-innings success.
Only Harry Ackland (25) passed 20 in Oxon’s second dig, Clutterbuck taking 4-36.
Latest Sport news
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A
- TABLE TENNIS: Chris Smith's epic victory give Forum victory over Vikings
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic