SKIPPER James Fitz-john’s maiden county century helped Oxfordshire Under 17s hammer previously unbeaten opponents Dorset at Dean Park.
Fitzjohn compiled a well-crafted 123 from 211 balls as Oxon made an impregnable 373-7 after being inserted in the friendly match.
The visitors then bowled Dorset out for 132 to secure a 241-run first innings victory.
Oxon batted again, but their efforts to score quickly saw them reduced to 89-8 before the sides called it a day.
In teh first innings, Tom Condon and George Reid put on 60 for the first wicket, with the former hitting a patient 47.
Fitzjohn held things together with an innings featuring 15 fours and one six.
Oxon kept Dorset in the field until the second morning when Callum Russell (54) and Leo Bethell (46) made hay.
Dom Clutterbuck had the latter dropped eight times over the two innings, while Jem Warner took 3-78.
Warner (31no) then top-scored in the hosts’ reply.
Saim Hussain (3-19) was the pick of the attack, Hendrick Robyns and Max Mannering taking two wickets apiece.
That gave the visitors their ninth win of the season, but they were unable to force a two-innings success.
Only Harry Ackland (25) passed 20 in Oxon’s second dig, Clutterbuck taking 4-36.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack