SKIPPER James Fitz-john’s maiden county century helped Oxfordshire Under 17s hammer previously unbeaten opponents Dorset at Dean Park.
Fitzjohn compiled a well-crafted 123 from 211 balls as Oxon made an impregnable 373-7 after being inserted in the friendly match.
The visitors then bowled Dorset out for 132 to secure a 241-run first innings victory.
Oxon batted again, but their efforts to score quickly saw them reduced to 89-8 before the sides called it a day.
In teh first innings, Tom Condon and George Reid put on 60 for the first wicket, with the former hitting a patient 47.
Fitzjohn held things together with an innings featuring 15 fours and one six.
Oxon kept Dorset in the field until the second morning when Callum Russell (54) and Leo Bethell (46) made hay.
Dom Clutterbuck had the latter dropped eight times over the two innings, while Jem Warner took 3-78.
Warner (31no) then top-scored in the hosts’ reply.
Saim Hussain (3-19) was the pick of the attack, Hendrick Robyns and Max Mannering taking two wickets apiece.
That gave the visitors their ninth win of the season, but they were unable to force a two-innings success.
Only Harry Ackland (25) passed 20 in Oxon’s second dig, Clutterbuck taking 4-36.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent