OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23