OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup
- FOOTBALL: Andy McCabe's double settles it for Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- FOOTBALL: Another Kayleigh Tubb treble leads super Oxford City Under 12s on a six-goal spree
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)