OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United striker James Roberts joins Stalybridge Celtic on loan
- Oxford United boss delivers Wembley warning to his players ahead of Chesterfield trip
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington reveal ground renovation plans
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses fourth halfway cut in a row
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid