OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later