OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson nominated for EFL Young Player of the Season award
- Trio are injury doubts for Oxford United's clash with Bury tomorrow
- I just rely on my instinct, says Oxford United keeper Simon Eastwood after penalty save
- Liam Sercombe frustrated at Oxford United's failure to get a win
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- HORSE RACING: Snow Leopardess sparkles for Charlie Longsdon
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City defeated by classy late strike
- RESULTS: Weekend March 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's play-off bid hit by defeat at Stratford
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw