OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash