OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA