OXFORDSHIRE fought back superbly to pip Leicestershire & Rutland by four runs in their opening ECB County championship T20 Division 3C second round clash.
The visitors looked set to cruise home at Bicester & North Oxford when they reached 93-3 in reply to Oxon’s 113-7.
But the hosts hit back in style, especially after Emilia Bartram removed Leicestershire captain Emily Marriott to make it 99-6, and they closed on 109-8.
Marriott had made 53 from 56 balls, while Lucy Higham (16) was her only other teammate to make double figures.
Oxfordshire were inserted after losing the toss and saw opener Genny Porter run out for a first-ball duck.
But Rhian Todd hit 42 off 39 balls to lead them to set them on the way to a respectable total.
Abigail Flory chipped in with 21, while Una Paramjothy took 3-19.
Lucy Gladdy then led the way among Oxon’s bowlers, with her 3-23.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town