An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth