An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Danny Hylton rejects Oxford United to join Luton Town
- Johnny Mullins signs for Luton Town following release by Oxford United
- Oxford United youngsters Jack Stevens and Miles Welch-Hayes sign professional contracts
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title
- FOOTBALL: Clanfield 85 Youth crowned champions