An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers