An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics