An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Oxford United hope Dan Crowley signing is start of lasting loan link with Arsenal
- GOLF: Late slump gives Eddie Pepperell a nervous wait to make cut in Paris
- ANGLING: Doug Foreshew claims top prize in Kidlington's Dave Britnell Cup
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford land huge medal haul
- YOUTH CRICKET: Turner leads from the front in Oxfordshire victory
- MOTORSPORT: Austria race will suit us, said Williams driver Valtteri Bottas
- Arsenal youngster Dan Crowley joins Oxford United on a season-long loan
- Oxford United arrange second game for pre-season trip to Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call