An Oxford City & County team have been crowned national champions.
The quartet of Myra Lewis, Donna Knight, Gail Gilkes and skip Katherine Hawes won the Bowls England Women’s National Fours Championship at Royal Leamington Spa yesterday.
They captured the crown by defeating a side from Kingsthorpe BC, Northamptonshire, 21-15 in the final at Victoria Park.
The City & County four proved just too strong for Maggie Edwards, Jasmin Spear, Yvonne McKee and Brenda Bishop.
Hawes’ four had earlier pipped Stef Branfield’s side from Clevedon BC, Somerset, 21-20 in a thrilling semi-final.
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss
- TENNIS: Chloe Elliott and Diana Mascenikova land LTA Winter County tour titles
- BADMINTON: Jamie Cackett wins bronze at Under 19 Warwick tournament
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale