Ardley United chairman Norman Stacey says he can’t wait for the season to start as the club looks to win the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division title for the first time.
Last season they were beaten to the crown by Wantage Townby two points.
However, Ardley have lost five key players, including strikers Ryan Brooks, who left to join Didcot Town, and Steve Howkins to Easington.
But Murray Nicholls and Danny Bone are back, while Keiren Strange (Oxford City) and ex-Kidlington forward Diego Petriaggi have signed.
“Winning the title is the aim because there’s only one promotion place,” said Stacey. “We’ve already got the ground grading for the Southern League in place.
Ardley start their season tomorrow at home to Cheltenham Saracens.
Stacey added: “I’m hopeful and excited about the new season.”
Abingdon United will be looking for Anaclet Odhiambo to boost their goals tally this season, starting with the visit of Newbury.
The striker, who joins from the now-defunct AFC Hinksey, heads their list of recruits.
Abingdon are without Jamie Zoldan (holiday), Graham Edney (wedding), Andrew Younie (wedding), Josh Crooke (banned), Adam Garner and Tom Butler (both injured).
Tomorrow’s squad Abingdon Utd (v Newbury, home): from Durrant, Rookes, Rowe,Thorne, Laurence, Threlfall, J McCalmon, Langford, Odhiambo, Sc Davis, Hannigan, Alder, S Davis, Mcneil, Doyle, Rutherford.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000