OXFORDSHIRE LTA president Liz Bamber justified her No 1 seeding by taking victory at an ITF seniors event in Cognac, France.
Bamber, from Bampton, won the over 60 ladies’ singles crown with a 100 per cent record.
France’s Helene Giraudon was runner-up, despite losing 6-0, 6-1 to Bamber in the round robin tournament.
OXFORDSHIRE’S Harrison Ridge and Lara Frank were runners-up in the Yonex Grade 3 event at Abingdon’s White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre.
Ridge lost 4-6, 7-6 (5), 10-2 in a match tie-break to Taylan Ozdemir (Wiltshire) in the under 16 boys’ singles final.
Oxon No 1 Frank achieved a career best result to reach the under 12 girls’s singles final where she was beaten 6-0, 6-0 by Berkshire’s Jemma Lancaster.
BANBURY made it five wins from five in Mixed Division 1 of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson League with a 4-0 success at Thame.
Virgin Active won by the same score at North Oxford B to move into third place.
Mixed Division 1: North Oxford B 0, Virgin Active 4; Thame 0, Banbury 4.
Mixed Division 2: Abingdon 3, Witney 1; Wantage 3, Banbury B 1.
Mixed Division 3: Oxford Sports 4, North Oxford C 0.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley