OXFORDSHIRE LTA president Liz Bamber justified her No 1 seeding by taking victory at an ITF seniors event in Cognac, France.
Bamber, from Bampton, won the over 60 ladies’ singles crown with a 100 per cent record.
France’s Helene Giraudon was runner-up, despite losing 6-0, 6-1 to Bamber in the round robin tournament.
OXFORDSHIRE’S Harrison Ridge and Lara Frank were runners-up in the Yonex Grade 3 event at Abingdon’s White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre.
Ridge lost 4-6, 7-6 (5), 10-2 in a match tie-break to Taylan Ozdemir (Wiltshire) in the under 16 boys’ singles final.
Oxon No 1 Frank achieved a career best result to reach the under 12 girls’s singles final where she was beaten 6-0, 6-0 by Berkshire’s Jemma Lancaster.
BANBURY made it five wins from five in Mixed Division 1 of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson League with a 4-0 success at Thame.
Virgin Active won by the same score at North Oxford B to move into third place.
Mixed Division 1: North Oxford B 0, Virgin Active 4; Thame 0, Banbury 4.
Mixed Division 2: Abingdon 3, Witney 1; Wantage 3, Banbury B 1.
Mixed Division 3: Oxford Sports 4, North Oxford C 0.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hope Dan Crowley signing is start of lasting loan link with Arsenal
- MARTIAL ARTS: Vale Taekwon-Do club so close to glory in Cardiff
- GOLF: Late slump gives Eddie Pepperell a nervous wait to make cut in Paris
- ANGLING: Doug Foreshew claims top prize in Kidlington's Dave Britnell Cup
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford land huge medal haul
- YOUTH CRICKET: Turner leads from the front in Oxfordshire victory
- MOTORSPORT: Austria race will suit us, said Williams driver Valtteri Bottas
- Arsenal youngster Dan Crowley joins Oxford United on a season-long loan
- Oxford United arrange second game for pre-season trip to Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium