Phil Gladden became the first Adderbury bowler in the club’s 88-year history to win an Oxfordshire Bowling Association competition when lifting the Allison Cup at South Oxford.
Gladden triumphed in the competition for non-badged players with a 21-12 victory over Charlbury’s Ray Hill in the final played over 20 ends.
In the semi-finals, Gladden had beaten West Witney’s Henry Beall 21-8, while Hill finished strongly to defeat Ray Plested (The Oxford) 21-16.
Hill was playing in his second final of the day, following a 24-end marathon in the Longford Cup overs 60s decider in which he went down 21-19 to Oxford City & County’s Paul Comley.
Hill fought back from 12-4 down to level at 15-15.
A run of five singles left Comley requiring one for the title.
But it wasn’t until Hill had picked up a three and a single, that Comley collected the single shot he needed.
In the previous day’s semi-finals played in heavy rain, Comley defeated Shiplake Village’s Trevor Beaumont 21-16, while Hill came from behind to win 21-17 against Witney Town’s Brian Smith.
Over the two days, Hill had played two semi-finals, two finals, with no fewer than 97 ends and had bowled approximately 388 woods.
West Witney’s Kevin Alder lifted the Officers Cup with a 21-11 victory over Chadlington’s John Benfield in the final.
In the semi-finals, Middleton Cup player Alder swept aside team manager Steve Gilkes, from Watlington, 21-3, while Benfield saw off South Oxford’s Richard Green 21-12.
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United