VIKINGS moved top of Group A despite drawing 3-3 at Berinsfield Club, writes PETE EWINS.
The result was enough to leapfrog Didcot Conservative Club, who were on a free week.
Vikings led 3-1 thanks to wins from Bob Allsworth (8,970), Allan Lacey and Lewis Stratford (9,260, break 7,320).
But Geoff Mace (4,370) and Craig Mace (6,770) replied to ensure the spoils were shared.
Masons moved up to second with a 3-3 draw at home to West Oxford Democrats Club.
Alan Lowe (5,430) and Dave Rose saw the hosts come from behind to lead 3-2, before Eddie Tebby (5,420) denied them victory with his second win of the night.
There was also a stalemate in Group B, where leaders Bletchingdon Club were held 3-3 at Marlborough Club B.
Chris Iagoe (5,780) and a double from Chris Bateman (5,510 and 6,770) registered for the home side, while Pete Soanes (twice) and Shaun Brookbanks were the leaders’ winners.
Gladiators Club B are third after beating their A side 5-1.
Reg Johnson (3,970 and 5,670) and Neil Cunliffe won both of their games.
Dave Gordon saved the whitewash for the A side.
Masons v Didcot CC, Berinsfield v Democrats, Gladiators B v Marlborough A, Marlborough B v Gladiators A.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression
- Chris Maguire surprised to become viral star with Oxford United goal celebration
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters