VIKINGS moved top of Group A despite drawing 3-3 at Berinsfield Club, writes PETE EWINS.
The result was enough to leapfrog Didcot Conservative Club, who were on a free week.
Vikings led 3-1 thanks to wins from Bob Allsworth (8,970), Allan Lacey and Lewis Stratford (9,260, break 7,320).
But Geoff Mace (4,370) and Craig Mace (6,770) replied to ensure the spoils were shared.
Masons moved up to second with a 3-3 draw at home to West Oxford Democrats Club.
Alan Lowe (5,430) and Dave Rose saw the hosts come from behind to lead 3-2, before Eddie Tebby (5,420) denied them victory with his second win of the night.
There was also a stalemate in Group B, where leaders Bletchingdon Club were held 3-3 at Marlborough Club B.
Chris Iagoe (5,780) and a double from Chris Bateman (5,510 and 6,770) registered for the home side, while Pete Soanes (twice) and Shaun Brookbanks were the leaders’ winners.
Gladiators Club B are third after beating their A side 5-1.
Reg Johnson (3,970 and 5,670) and Neil Cunliffe won both of their games.
Dave Gordon saved the whitewash for the A side.
Masons v Didcot CC, Berinsfield v Democrats, Gladiators B v Marlborough A, Marlborough B v Gladiators A.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics