VIKINGS moved top of Group A despite drawing 3-3 at Berinsfield Club, writes PETE EWINS.
The result was enough to leapfrog Didcot Conservative Club, who were on a free week.
Vikings led 3-1 thanks to wins from Bob Allsworth (8,970), Allan Lacey and Lewis Stratford (9,260, break 7,320).
But Geoff Mace (4,370) and Craig Mace (6,770) replied to ensure the spoils were shared.
Masons moved up to second with a 3-3 draw at home to West Oxford Democrats Club.
Alan Lowe (5,430) and Dave Rose saw the hosts come from behind to lead 3-2, before Eddie Tebby (5,420) denied them victory with his second win of the night.
There was also a stalemate in Group B, where leaders Bletchingdon Club were held 3-3 at Marlborough Club B.
Chris Iagoe (5,780) and a double from Chris Bateman (5,510 and 6,770) registered for the home side, while Pete Soanes (twice) and Shaun Brookbanks were the leaders’ winners.
Gladiators Club B are third after beating their A side 5-1.
Reg Johnson (3,970 and 5,670) and Neil Cunliffe won both of their games.
Dave Gordon saved the whitewash for the A side.
Masons v Didcot CC, Berinsfield v Democrats, Gladiators B v Marlborough A, Marlborough B v Gladiators A.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League