VIKINGS moved top of Group A despite drawing 3-3 at Berinsfield Club, writes PETE EWINS.
The result was enough to leapfrog Didcot Conservative Club, who were on a free week.
Vikings led 3-1 thanks to wins from Bob Allsworth (8,970), Allan Lacey and Lewis Stratford (9,260, break 7,320).
But Geoff Mace (4,370) and Craig Mace (6,770) replied to ensure the spoils were shared.
Masons moved up to second with a 3-3 draw at home to West Oxford Democrats Club.
Alan Lowe (5,430) and Dave Rose saw the hosts come from behind to lead 3-2, before Eddie Tebby (5,420) denied them victory with his second win of the night.
There was also a stalemate in Group B, where leaders Bletchingdon Club were held 3-3 at Marlborough Club B.
Chris Iagoe (5,780) and a double from Chris Bateman (5,510 and 6,770) registered for the home side, while Pete Soanes (twice) and Shaun Brookbanks were the leaders’ winners.
Gladiators Club B are third after beating their A side 5-1.
Reg Johnson (3,970 and 5,670) and Neil Cunliffe won both of their games.
Dave Gordon saved the whitewash for the A side.
Masons v Didcot CC, Berinsfield v Democrats, Gladiators B v Marlborough A, Marlborough B v Gladiators A.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Southend United 2 (Leonard 13, Wordsworth pen 74), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 45+3)
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth