RADLEY were relegated from Division 1 of the Sweatshop Southern League after finishing fourth in their final meeting at Bromley.
This consigned the club to last place in the table and a return to Division 2.
There were still some good performances on the day, notably from Aislinn Baird who won the ladies’ B-String hammer in a senior club record of 45.21m.
Fresh from competing for Great Britain in the World Junior Championships, under 20 star Emma O’Hara won the A-String hammer with a throw of 54.28m.
Club captain Jordan Dorrian, 19, competed in seven events, with his top performance a victory in the men’s A-String long jump.
Dorrian recorded a new best of 6.89m to win by 1cm, while he finished the day with an impressive 50.7secs 4x400m relay leg to assist the team to second place.
Newcomer Moneur Will-iams won the triple jump in 11.72m, while Hannes Petzer came second in the javelin with 46.67m.
Radley chairperson Kay Reynolds said: “Our relegation is due to lack of availability of athletes and a string of bad luck, not the contribution by the athletes who have competed.”
l OXFORD City finished sixth in Division 2 North after coming third in their final meeting at Perivale.
City pipped Luton by one point on the day, with Tim Stephens their star man.
The 16-year-old won the men’s A-String 400m in 54.14secs and added high jump victory in 1.75m.
Other men’s victories came from Ryan Meredith (6mins 37.14secs) in the 2,000m steeplechase and Hunter Riach (2.60m) in the pole vault.
City also took the ladies’ 4x400m relay in 4mins 13.46secs, while Jacqueline Breslin (1.80m) was joint winner of the pole vault.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener