BICESTER’S Captain’s Charity Day went with a swing to raise more than £11,500.
The four-ball event attracted 40 teams, which was won on countback by Pete Shepherd, Vicky Shepherd, Karen Shepherd and Priyan Shah.
Each hole was sponsored by local companies and the coffers were swelled by an auction, run by TV presenter Charlie Ross.
All three captains, Carly Bosher, Michael Jakeman and Robert Ansell, are supporting the Oxford Kidney Unit Trust.
Bosher, whose family have benefitted from the charity’s work, said: “I am absolutely blown away with the amount of support we received and everyone had a great day.
“Thank you to all that came and supported the day.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle