BICESTER’S Captain’s Charity Day went with a swing to raise more than £11,500.
The four-ball event attracted 40 teams, which was won on countback by Pete Shepherd, Vicky Shepherd, Karen Shepherd and Priyan Shah.
Each hole was sponsored by local companies and the coffers were swelled by an auction, run by TV presenter Charlie Ross.
All three captains, Carly Bosher, Michael Jakeman and Robert Ansell, are supporting the Oxford Kidney Unit Trust.
Bosher, whose family have benefitted from the charity’s work, said: “I am absolutely blown away with the amount of support we received and everyone had a great day.
“Thank you to all that came and supported the day.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Bolton Wanderers 0, Oxford United 2 (Thomas 81, Maguire 90)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Bolton?
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title