BICESTER’S Captain’s Charity Day went with a swing to raise more than £11,500.
The four-ball event attracted 40 teams, which was won on countback by Pete Shepherd, Vicky Shepherd, Karen Shepherd and Priyan Shah.
Each hole was sponsored by local companies and the coffers were swelled by an auction, run by TV presenter Charlie Ross.
All three captains, Carly Bosher, Michael Jakeman and Robert Ansell, are supporting the Oxford Kidney Unit Trust.
Bosher, whose family have benefitted from the charity’s work, said: “I am absolutely blown away with the amount of support we received and everyone had a great day.
“Thank you to all that came and supported the day.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire