BICESTER’S Captain’s Charity Day went with a swing to raise more than £11,500.
The four-ball event attracted 40 teams, which was won on countback by Pete Shepherd, Vicky Shepherd, Karen Shepherd and Priyan Shah.
Each hole was sponsored by local companies and the coffers were swelled by an auction, run by TV presenter Charlie Ross.
All three captains, Carly Bosher, Michael Jakeman and Robert Ansell, are supporting the Oxford Kidney Unit Trust.
Bosher, whose family have benefitted from the charity’s work, said: “I am absolutely blown away with the amount of support we received and everyone had a great day.
“Thank you to all that came and supported the day.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale