BICESTER’S Captain’s Charity Day went with a swing to raise more than £11,500.
The four-ball event attracted 40 teams, which was won on countback by Pete Shepherd, Vicky Shepherd, Karen Shepherd and Priyan Shah.
Each hole was sponsored by local companies and the coffers were swelled by an auction, run by TV presenter Charlie Ross.
All three captains, Carly Bosher, Michael Jakeman and Robert Ansell, are supporting the Oxford Kidney Unit Trust.
Bosher, whose family have benefitted from the charity’s work, said: “I am absolutely blown away with the amount of support we received and everyone had a great day.
“Thank you to all that came and supported the day.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League