TEEN rider Georgina Polden made the most of some tips from MotoGP star Bradley Smith to claim a podium finish at Thruxton.
The 18-year-old from Oxford crossed the line ninth overall and third in class for her best result in the Motul British Motorstar Championship.
It was one of the support races to the British Superbike Championship (BSB) and Polden impressed throughout, setting the fastest time in a wet qualifying session.
Afterwards she thanked fellow Oxfordshire rider Smith for some useful pointers before the race.
She said: “To be on the podium during a BSB weekend is an amazing feeling, with crowds of 30,000 it is unbelievable.
“I just want to say thanks to all my team who did a brilliant job. “It was really special to have Bradley Smith supporting me and he gave me some great pre-race tips.”
Polden’s next outing is on August 25 at Anglesey in the Aprilia Superteens Championship, where she is second in the standings with three rounds left.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final