TEEN rider Georgina Polden made the most of some tips from MotoGP star Bradley Smith to claim a podium finish at Thruxton.
The 18-year-old from Oxford crossed the line ninth overall and third in class for her best result in the Motul British Motorstar Championship.
It was one of the support races to the British Superbike Championship (BSB) and Polden impressed throughout, setting the fastest time in a wet qualifying session.
Afterwards she thanked fellow Oxfordshire rider Smith for some useful pointers before the race.
She said: “To be on the podium during a BSB weekend is an amazing feeling, with crowds of 30,000 it is unbelievable.
“I just want to say thanks to all my team who did a brilliant job. “It was really special to have Bradley Smith supporting me and he gave me some great pre-race tips.”
Polden’s next outing is on August 25 at Anglesey in the Aprilia Superteens Championship, where she is second in the standings with three rounds left.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands