TEEN rider Georgina Polden made the most of some tips from MotoGP star Bradley Smith to claim a podium finish at Thruxton.
The 18-year-old from Oxford crossed the line ninth overall and third in class for her best result in the Motul British Motorstar Championship.
It was one of the support races to the British Superbike Championship (BSB) and Polden impressed throughout, setting the fastest time in a wet qualifying session.
Afterwards she thanked fellow Oxfordshire rider Smith for some useful pointers before the race.
She said: “To be on the podium during a BSB weekend is an amazing feeling, with crowds of 30,000 it is unbelievable.
“I just want to say thanks to all my team who did a brilliant job. “It was really special to have Bradley Smith supporting me and he gave me some great pre-race tips.”
Polden’s next outing is on August 25 at Anglesey in the Aprilia Superteens Championship, where she is second in the standings with three rounds left.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow