OXFORD United have moved to strengthen their attacking options by signing Carlton Morris on loan from Norwich City.
The 18-year-old striker passed a medical this afternoon after agreeing a deal which will keep him at the club until January.
He boosts U's boss Michael Appleton's forward options and is in line to make his senior debut in their opening game in Sky Bet League Two on Saturday, when Burton Albion visit the Kassam Stadium.
Morris, who has two goals in three appearances for England’s under 19 side, made his first-team bow for the Canaries in a friendly against Nice last week.
He was part of the club’s FA Youth Cup-winning side in the 2012/13 season.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest United news:
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton