OXFORDSHIRE Under 15 girls experienced mixed results in a festival at Malvern College.
Having hammered the Netherlands in their opening match, they fell to defeats against Kent and Devon.
Captain Ellie Noble (136no) hit her maiden county century as Oxon racked up 266-3 against Holland.
They then set about removing the Dutch for just 88, as Ellie’s twin sister, Charley, took two early wickets, to secure a comfortable win.
Kent’s bowlers proved to be a step up from the previous day and, combined with some poor shot selection, Oxfordshire were rolled over for just 78.
Rebecca Woodnorth (16) and Charley Noble (12) were the only batsmen to get double figures before Molly Davies (54no) led Kent to an eight-wicket win.
Oxon were inserted in their final match, where only Charley Noble (17) and Woodnorth (15) got going as Steph Hutchins (4-21) restricted them to 92.
Deanna Stamp (3-22), Ellie Noble (2-14) and Jacqui Mayho (2-14) kept Oxon in the game, but two dropped catches in one Lucy Thomas over proved crucial as Devon reached 99-7 with six overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory