OXFORDSHIRE Under 15 girls experienced mixed results in a festival at Malvern College.
Having hammered the Netherlands in their opening match, they fell to defeats against Kent and Devon.
Captain Ellie Noble (136no) hit her maiden county century as Oxon racked up 266-3 against Holland.
They then set about removing the Dutch for just 88, as Ellie’s twin sister, Charley, took two early wickets, to secure a comfortable win.
Kent’s bowlers proved to be a step up from the previous day and, combined with some poor shot selection, Oxfordshire were rolled over for just 78.
Rebecca Woodnorth (16) and Charley Noble (12) were the only batsmen to get double figures before Molly Davies (54no) led Kent to an eight-wicket win.
Oxon were inserted in their final match, where only Charley Noble (17) and Woodnorth (15) got going as Steph Hutchins (4-21) restricted them to 92.
Deanna Stamp (3-22), Ellie Noble (2-14) and Jacqui Mayho (2-14) kept Oxon in the game, but two dropped catches in one Lucy Thomas over proved crucial as Devon reached 99-7 with six overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley