OXFORDSHIRE Under 15 girls experienced mixed results in a festival at Malvern College.
Having hammered the Netherlands in their opening match, they fell to defeats against Kent and Devon.
Captain Ellie Noble (136no) hit her maiden county century as Oxon racked up 266-3 against Holland.
They then set about removing the Dutch for just 88, as Ellie’s twin sister, Charley, took two early wickets, to secure a comfortable win.
Kent’s bowlers proved to be a step up from the previous day and, combined with some poor shot selection, Oxfordshire were rolled over for just 78.
Rebecca Woodnorth (16) and Charley Noble (12) were the only batsmen to get double figures before Molly Davies (54no) led Kent to an eight-wicket win.
Oxon were inserted in their final match, where only Charley Noble (17) and Woodnorth (15) got going as Steph Hutchins (4-21) restricted them to 92.
Deanna Stamp (3-22), Ellie Noble (2-14) and Jacqui Mayho (2-14) kept Oxon in the game, but two dropped catches in one Lucy Thomas over proved crucial as Devon reached 99-7 with six overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hope Dan Crowley signing is start of lasting loan link with Arsenal
- Michael Appleton pleased with Oxford United's fitness levels after summer break
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon prove class above rivals to secure 10 of 11 county titles
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong at the double as Oxford United hold leaders
- MARTIAL ARTS: Vale Taekwon-Do club so close to glory in Cardiff
- GOLF: Late slump gives Eddie Pepperell a nervous wait to make cut in Paris
- ANGLING: Doug Foreshew claims top prize in Kidlington's Dave Britnell Cup
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford land huge medal haul
- YOUTH CRICKET: Turner leads from the front in Oxfordshire victory
- MOTORSPORT: Austria race will suit us, said Williams driver Valtteri Bottas