Oxford make their third trip to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday when they tackle the Hunslet Hawks, looking to record their first win in four matches against their second-placed opponents in Kingstone Press Championship 1.
A 68-6 hammering for Oxford in the Challenge Cup was followed by 46-20 league defeat at Iffley Road and a 32-12 away loss.
Hawks suffered a 24-23 defeat in their top-table clash with Oldham last week, so will be looking to bounce back.
Oxford coach Tony Benson said: “It’s going to be a difficult challenge.
“But if you look at the results, we have improved each time.
“The winning margin has reduced so we will go into this clash full of confidence and I firmly believe we can cause an upset.”
Oxford should welcome back Sam Blaney who missed last week’s defeat by Gateshead.
Oxford (v Hunslet away) from: Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Briggs, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick , Davies, Egerton, Ellison, Evans , Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Vickers, Winfield, Wright.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats