Oxford make their third trip to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday when they tackle the Hunslet Hawks, looking to record their first win in four matches against their second-placed opponents in Kingstone Press Championship 1.
A 68-6 hammering for Oxford in the Challenge Cup was followed by 46-20 league defeat at Iffley Road and a 32-12 away loss.
Hawks suffered a 24-23 defeat in their top-table clash with Oldham last week, so will be looking to bounce back.
Oxford coach Tony Benson said: “It’s going to be a difficult challenge.
“But if you look at the results, we have improved each time.
“The winning margin has reduced so we will go into this clash full of confidence and I firmly believe we can cause an upset.”
Oxford should welcome back Sam Blaney who missed last week’s defeat by Gateshead.
Oxford (v Hunslet away) from: Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Briggs, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick , Davies, Egerton, Ellison, Evans , Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Vickers, Winfield, Wright.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic