Wallingford's women won a gold medal when representing England in the Home International Regatta at Cork.
Lizzie Polgreen, Louise Hart, Minna Jones-Walters, Amy Grieve came up trumps in the women’s quad event final.
There was more medal joy for Wallingford with second-place finishes in the women’s lightweight double (Jones-Walters and Grieve) and the lightweight single sculls (Hart).
Polgreen also claimed a second medal with a bronze in the women’s sculls.
Wallingford’s veteran squad competed at the European Masters Regatta, in Munich, coming home with six gold medals.
The women won the D coxless four – Katie Kapanaeros, Rachel Edge, Alice Brown and Julia Wilks – and the D double sculls, while their men landed the E and G single sculls, plus the F and G doubles.
Elsewhere, Headington School’s Fiona Gammond helped Great Britain win a silver medal in the World Under 23 Championships in Italy.
Gammond and Anastasia Chitty of Oxford University were in the, who finished strongly behind the USA.
The men’s lightweight four, including Jamie Copus and Joel Cassells from Oxford Brookes, and one Isis performer, Iain Mandale, also got a silver.
Several Oxfordshire rowers have been selected for Britain in the Coupe de la Jeunesse, in France this weekend.
Matilda Martin, Isabel Lingard and Sasha Adwani, all from Headington School are in the team along with Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell from St Edward’s.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge