Oxfordshire's Alexis Canter has been representing Great Britain in a competition at Wimbledon.
The IC U16 Worldwide Challenge finishes today and features teams from Italy, USA, Japan, Argentina and South Africa.
Britain were ranked second at the end of play on Wednesday, after they were edged out by Italy.
Canter won his singles match, but lost 10-8 in the mixed doubles alongside Eden Richardson.
l MATILDA Mutavdzic lived up to her top-seed ranking by winning the Grade 3 event at Taunton.
The Abingdon youngster won the final 4-2, 4-1 against Tresha Kumar.
Alice Hodges, from Abingdon tennis club, was runner-up in the 10U Grade 4 girls event at Wheatley, winning all group matches, but losing to Surrey’s Ananya Vartak.
Dan Taylor beat Oxford Sports clubmate Alex Skelly 7-5, 6-4 to win the 16U Boys final at the Oxford Sports LTA Grade 4 tournament.
Faringdon were denied promotion in Ladies Division 2 of the OLTA Wilson League as they drew 2-2 against Woodstock.
The setback leaves them waiting on other results.
Men – Div 1: N Oxford 2, Witney 2; Oxford Sp 4, Banbury B 0; Woodstock 4, Banbury A 0. Div 2: N Oxford B 2, Oxford Sp B 2; Woodstock 0, Thame 4. Div 3: Bicester 4, N Oxford C 0; David Lloyd 3, Wychwoods 1; Portcullis 4, Abingdon B 0.
Ladies – Div 1: Virgin Active 4, Wantage 0. Div 2: Banbury West End 3, Thame 1; Faringdon 2, Woodstock 2. Div 3: N Oxford B 3, Witney 1; Oxford Sp B 1, Abingdon 3.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points