Oxfordshire's Alexis Canter has been representing Great Britain in a competition at Wimbledon.
The IC U16 Worldwide Challenge finishes today and features teams from Italy, USA, Japan, Argentina and South Africa.
Britain were ranked second at the end of play on Wednesday, after they were edged out by Italy.
Canter won his singles match, but lost 10-8 in the mixed doubles alongside Eden Richardson.
l MATILDA Mutavdzic lived up to her top-seed ranking by winning the Grade 3 event at Taunton.
The Abingdon youngster won the final 4-2, 4-1 against Tresha Kumar.
Alice Hodges, from Abingdon tennis club, was runner-up in the 10U Grade 4 girls event at Wheatley, winning all group matches, but losing to Surrey’s Ananya Vartak.
Dan Taylor beat Oxford Sports clubmate Alex Skelly 7-5, 6-4 to win the 16U Boys final at the Oxford Sports LTA Grade 4 tournament.
Faringdon were denied promotion in Ladies Division 2 of the OLTA Wilson League as they drew 2-2 against Woodstock.
The setback leaves them waiting on other results.
Men – Div 1: N Oxford 2, Witney 2; Oxford Sp 4, Banbury B 0; Woodstock 4, Banbury A 0. Div 2: N Oxford B 2, Oxford Sp B 2; Woodstock 0, Thame 4. Div 3: Bicester 4, N Oxford C 0; David Lloyd 3, Wychwoods 1; Portcullis 4, Abingdon B 0.
Ladies – Div 1: Virgin Active 4, Wantage 0. Div 2: Banbury West End 3, Thame 1; Faringdon 2, Woodstock 2. Div 3: N Oxford B 3, Witney 1; Oxford Sp B 1, Abingdon 3.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent