Oxfordshire's Alexis Canter has been representing Great Britain in a competition at Wimbledon.
The IC U16 Worldwide Challenge finishes today and features teams from Italy, USA, Japan, Argentina and South Africa.
Britain were ranked second at the end of play on Wednesday, after they were edged out by Italy.
Canter won his singles match, but lost 10-8 in the mixed doubles alongside Eden Richardson.
l MATILDA Mutavdzic lived up to her top-seed ranking by winning the Grade 3 event at Taunton.
The Abingdon youngster won the final 4-2, 4-1 against Tresha Kumar.
Alice Hodges, from Abingdon tennis club, was runner-up in the 10U Grade 4 girls event at Wheatley, winning all group matches, but losing to Surrey’s Ananya Vartak.
Dan Taylor beat Oxford Sports clubmate Alex Skelly 7-5, 6-4 to win the 16U Boys final at the Oxford Sports LTA Grade 4 tournament.
Faringdon were denied promotion in Ladies Division 2 of the OLTA Wilson League as they drew 2-2 against Woodstock.
The setback leaves them waiting on other results.
Men – Div 1: N Oxford 2, Witney 2; Oxford Sp 4, Banbury B 0; Woodstock 4, Banbury A 0. Div 2: N Oxford B 2, Oxford Sp B 2; Woodstock 0, Thame 4. Div 3: Bicester 4, N Oxford C 0; David Lloyd 3, Wychwoods 1; Portcullis 4, Abingdon B 0.
Ladies – Div 1: Virgin Active 4, Wantage 0. Div 2: Banbury West End 3, Thame 1; Faringdon 2, Woodstock 2. Div 3: N Oxford B 3, Witney 1; Oxford Sp B 1, Abingdon 3.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season