Oxfordshire's Alexis Canter has been representing Great Britain in a competition at Wimbledon.
The IC U16 Worldwide Challenge finishes today and features teams from Italy, USA, Japan, Argentina and South Africa.
Britain were ranked second at the end of play on Wednesday, after they were edged out by Italy.
Canter won his singles match, but lost 10-8 in the mixed doubles alongside Eden Richardson.
l MATILDA Mutavdzic lived up to her top-seed ranking by winning the Grade 3 event at Taunton.
The Abingdon youngster won the final 4-2, 4-1 against Tresha Kumar.
Alice Hodges, from Abingdon tennis club, was runner-up in the 10U Grade 4 girls event at Wheatley, winning all group matches, but losing to Surrey’s Ananya Vartak.
Dan Taylor beat Oxford Sports clubmate Alex Skelly 7-5, 6-4 to win the 16U Boys final at the Oxford Sports LTA Grade 4 tournament.
Faringdon were denied promotion in Ladies Division 2 of the OLTA Wilson League as they drew 2-2 against Woodstock.
The setback leaves them waiting on other results.
Men – Div 1: N Oxford 2, Witney 2; Oxford Sp 4, Banbury B 0; Woodstock 4, Banbury A 0. Div 2: N Oxford B 2, Oxford Sp B 2; Woodstock 0, Thame 4. Div 3: Bicester 4, N Oxford C 0; David Lloyd 3, Wychwoods 1; Portcullis 4, Abingdon B 0.
Ladies – Div 1: Virgin Active 4, Wantage 0. Div 2: Banbury West End 3, Thame 1; Faringdon 2, Woodstock 2. Div 3: N Oxford B 3, Witney 1; Oxford Sp B 1, Abingdon 3.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow