OXFORD United have strengthened their attacking options by signing Junior Brown on a 12-month deal.
The 25-year-old winger agreed to terminate his contract at Fleetwood Town and drove south earlier today, passing a medical this evening.
Brown, who can play on either flank, also provides cover at left back.
U's boss Michael Appleton said: "Junior is fast and direct and has an eye for goal.
"He is a player who I think will excite the fans and he will give us balance on that left hand side."
Brown came through the youth system at Crewe Alexandra, before moving to Fleetwood in 2010.
He was part of the Cod Army side which won the Conference in the 2011-12 campaign and made 21 appearances in League Two last season.
But after falling down the pecking order at Highbury, he missed out on the run-in as Fleetwood won automatic promotion, moving on loan to Tranmere Rovers.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash