Holders Oxford A were knocked out of the Inter Area Cup with a 6-4 aggregate defeat by Wallingford C, writes PETE EWINS.
Trailing 4-1 from the away leg, Oxford took the return match 3-2 to no avail.
DIDCOT Conservative Club bounced back from last week’s home defeat to win 4-2 at West Oxford Democrats Club in Group A of the Oxford Summer League.
Oxford-based Jenny Florey (5,220) and Sue Atkins (5,370) put Didcot 2-0 up, before Terry Green (7,590) pulled one back.
Florey (5,330) restored Didcot’s two-game cushion, only for John Patey (9,120, break 8,960) to keep Democrats in contention.
But Dave Tooke took the last game to take Didcot two points clear at the top.
Vikings Club are in second place after a 4-2 home success against Masons.
With the match poised at 2-2, Bob Allsworth and Mike Jones (10,280) won the last two games for Vikings.
Berinsfield v Vikings, Masons v West Oxford Democrats, Marlborough B v Bletchingdon, Gladiators A v Gladiators B.
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales