Holders Oxford A were knocked out of the Inter Area Cup with a 6-4 aggregate defeat by Wallingford C, writes PETE EWINS.
Trailing 4-1 from the away leg, Oxford took the return match 3-2 to no avail.
DIDCOT Conservative Club bounced back from last week’s home defeat to win 4-2 at West Oxford Democrats Club in Group A of the Oxford Summer League.
Oxford-based Jenny Florey (5,220) and Sue Atkins (5,370) put Didcot 2-0 up, before Terry Green (7,590) pulled one back.
Florey (5,330) restored Didcot’s two-game cushion, only for John Patey (9,120, break 8,960) to keep Democrats in contention.
But Dave Tooke took the last game to take Didcot two points clear at the top.
Vikings Club are in second place after a 4-2 home success against Masons.
With the match poised at 2-2, Bob Allsworth and Mike Jones (10,280) won the last two games for Vikings.
Berinsfield v Vikings, Masons v West Oxford Democrats, Marlborough B v Bletchingdon, Gladiators A v Gladiators B.
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory