OXFORD City Stars have parted company with veteran Andy Cox ahead of the new season.
The 32-year-old, who joined for the club in 2001, played a big part in their championship-winning teams in the last two seasons.
But he will not be in the squad which takes part in National League Division 1 this year.
Darren Elliott, Star’s head coach, said: “We want to say a massive thank-you to Andy for his service over the years – he’s been a great servant to the club and the city, and he’s been a huge asset for the team.
“We’ve all known him for a really long time, so it’s sad to say goodbye – but things inevitably have to move on. “We wish Andy all the best for the future.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory
- Oxford United position will be clearer after big week, says Derek Fazackerley
- Charlton boss believes balanced Oxford United will be tough to defeat
- Changing mood is bringing home comfort for United, says Derek Fazackerley