OXFORD City Stars have parted company with veteran Andy Cox ahead of the new season.
The 32-year-old, who joined for the club in 2001, played a big part in their championship-winning teams in the last two seasons.
But he will not be in the squad which takes part in National League Division 1 this year.
Darren Elliott, Star’s head coach, said: “We want to say a massive thank-you to Andy for his service over the years – he’s been a great servant to the club and the city, and he’s been a huge asset for the team.
“We’ve all known him for a really long time, so it’s sad to say goodbye – but things inevitably have to move on. “We wish Andy all the best for the future.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent