OXFORD City Stars have parted company with veteran Andy Cox ahead of the new season.
The 32-year-old, who joined for the club in 2001, played a big part in their championship-winning teams in the last two seasons.
But he will not be in the squad which takes part in National League Division 1 this year.
Darren Elliott, Star’s head coach, said: “We want to say a massive thank-you to Andy for his service over the years – he’s been a great servant to the club and the city, and he’s been a huge asset for the team.
“We’ve all known him for a really long time, so it’s sad to say goodbye – but things inevitably have to move on. “We wish Andy all the best for the future.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory