OXFORD City Stars have parted company with veteran Andy Cox ahead of the new season.
The 32-year-old, who joined for the club in 2001, played a big part in their championship-winning teams in the last two seasons.
But he will not be in the squad which takes part in National League Division 1 this year.
Darren Elliott, Star’s head coach, said: “We want to say a massive thank-you to Andy for his service over the years – he’s been a great servant to the club and the city, and he’s been a huge asset for the team.
“We’ve all known him for a really long time, so it’s sad to say goodbye – but things inevitably have to move on. “We wish Andy all the best for the future.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands