OXFORD City Stars have parted company with veteran Andy Cox ahead of the new season.
The 32-year-old, who joined for the club in 2001, played a big part in their championship-winning teams in the last two seasons.
But he will not be in the squad which takes part in National League Division 1 this year.
Darren Elliott, Star’s head coach, said: “We want to say a massive thank-you to Andy for his service over the years – he’s been a great servant to the club and the city, and he’s been a huge asset for the team.
“We’ve all known him for a really long time, so it’s sad to say goodbye – but things inevitably have to move on. “We wish Andy all the best for the future.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out