A sparkling innings from Ian Tew led Banbury to a thrilling last-over victory at home to Tring Park to stay in touch at the top of Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1.
Tew made 61 off 73 balls to provide the vital spark as Banbury, chasing 230 for victory, got home with five wickets and just two balls to spare.
Tring chose to bat first and were indebted to William Jones, who made 101 off 111 balls, to lay the platform for a formidable total.
But their other batsmen struggled to score quickly agsainst a consistent Banbury attack.
Spinners Luke Ryan and Jimmy Phillips picked up most of the wickets, but the seamers bowled tightly too.
Banbury’s reply was built around a second-wicket stand of 109 between Lloyd Sabin and the fluent Tew.
Sabin played the sheet-anchor role with 78 from 153 balls, before free-scoring Nathan Hawkes and Jonny Cater got Banbury over the line in an exciting finish.
Cater’s unbeaten 37 came off 40 balls.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory
- Oxford United position will be clearer after big week, says Derek Fazackerley
- Charlton boss believes balanced Oxford United will be tough to defeat