Oxford's Hannah England begins her quest for glory in the 1,500m heats at Hampden Park today.
The 27-year-old Oxford City star and 2011 world silver medallist races for England in heat one at 12.20pm.
Her opponents include home favourite Laura Muir and Kenya’s Helen Obiri, but England will be confident of a top-four finish to guarantee a spot in tomorrow night’s final.
Heat two includes England’s teammates, Laura Weightman and Jemma Simpson, with the former topping the UK rankings.
Lawrence Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the 110m hurdles tomorrow, while Oxford City triple jumper Nathan Douglas begins his campaign on Friday.
Didcot rifle-shooter Dan Rivers will go for a second medal in today’s prone competition after winning bronze in the 10m air rifle on Friday.
OXFORDSHIRE COMPETITORS IN ACTION TODAY
10.45: Dan Rivers (England) prone qualifying (final 1.45pm).
10.51: James Jurkiewicz (Guernsey) 200m backstroke heat 3.
12.20: Hannah England – 1,500m heat 1.
2pm: Zoe Shipperley (England) v Australia.
4pm: Emma Batten (Wales) v Scotland.
11.11am: Daniel Hooker (England) T37 100m heat 2 (final 8.40pm).
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- FOOTBALL: Summertown crowned champions after one defeat all season
- CRICKET: Witney Swifts flying high after George Seacole's all-round show
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual