Oxford's Hannah England begins her quest for glory in the 1,500m heats at Hampden Park today.
The 27-year-old Oxford City star and 2011 world silver medallist races for England in heat one at 12.20pm.
Her opponents include home favourite Laura Muir and Kenya’s Helen Obiri, but England will be confident of a top-four finish to guarantee a spot in tomorrow night’s final.
Heat two includes England’s teammates, Laura Weightman and Jemma Simpson, with the former topping the UK rankings.
Lawrence Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the 110m hurdles tomorrow, while Oxford City triple jumper Nathan Douglas begins his campaign on Friday.
Didcot rifle-shooter Dan Rivers will go for a second medal in today’s prone competition after winning bronze in the 10m air rifle on Friday.
OXFORDSHIRE COMPETITORS IN ACTION TODAY
10.45: Dan Rivers (England) prone qualifying (final 1.45pm).
10.51: James Jurkiewicz (Guernsey) 200m backstroke heat 3.
12.20: Hannah England – 1,500m heat 1.
2pm: Zoe Shipperley (England) v Australia.
4pm: Emma Batten (Wales) v Scotland.
11.11am: Daniel Hooker (England) T37 100m heat 2 (final 8.40pm).
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack