Oxford's Hannah England begins her quest for glory in the 1,500m heats at Hampden Park today.
The 27-year-old Oxford City star and 2011 world silver medallist races for England in heat one at 12.20pm.
Her opponents include home favourite Laura Muir and Kenya’s Helen Obiri, but England will be confident of a top-four finish to guarantee a spot in tomorrow night’s final.
Heat two includes England’s teammates, Laura Weightman and Jemma Simpson, with the former topping the UK rankings.
Lawrence Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the 110m hurdles tomorrow, while Oxford City triple jumper Nathan Douglas begins his campaign on Friday.
Didcot rifle-shooter Dan Rivers will go for a second medal in today’s prone competition after winning bronze in the 10m air rifle on Friday.
OXFORDSHIRE COMPETITORS IN ACTION TODAY
10.45: Dan Rivers (England) prone qualifying (final 1.45pm).
10.51: James Jurkiewicz (Guernsey) 200m backstroke heat 3.
12.20: Hannah England – 1,500m heat 1.
2pm: Zoe Shipperley (England) v Australia.
4pm: Emma Batten (Wales) v Scotland.
11.11am: Daniel Hooker (England) T37 100m heat 2 (final 8.40pm).
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships
- AUNT SALLY: John Townsend dominates Kidlington Winter League finals night