Oxford's Hannah England begins her quest for glory in the 1,500m heats at Hampden Park today.
The 27-year-old Oxford City star and 2011 world silver medallist races for England in heat one at 12.20pm.
Her opponents include home favourite Laura Muir and Kenya’s Helen Obiri, but England will be confident of a top-four finish to guarantee a spot in tomorrow night’s final.
Heat two includes England’s teammates, Laura Weightman and Jemma Simpson, with the former topping the UK rankings.
Lawrence Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the 110m hurdles tomorrow, while Oxford City triple jumper Nathan Douglas begins his campaign on Friday.
Didcot rifle-shooter Dan Rivers will go for a second medal in today’s prone competition after winning bronze in the 10m air rifle on Friday.
OXFORDSHIRE COMPETITORS IN ACTION TODAY
10.45: Dan Rivers (England) prone qualifying (final 1.45pm).
10.51: James Jurkiewicz (Guernsey) 200m backstroke heat 3.
12.20: Hannah England – 1,500m heat 1.
2pm: Zoe Shipperley (England) v Australia.
4pm: Emma Batten (Wales) v Scotland.
11.11am: Daniel Hooker (England) T37 100m heat 2 (final 8.40pm).
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League