Oxford's Hannah England begins her quest for glory in the 1,500m heats at Hampden Park today.
The 27-year-old Oxford City star and 2011 world silver medallist races for England in heat one at 12.20pm.
Her opponents include home favourite Laura Muir and Kenya’s Helen Obiri, but England will be confident of a top-four finish to guarantee a spot in tomorrow night’s final.
Heat two includes England’s teammates, Laura Weightman and Jemma Simpson, with the former topping the UK rankings.
Lawrence Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the 110m hurdles tomorrow, while Oxford City triple jumper Nathan Douglas begins his campaign on Friday.
Didcot rifle-shooter Dan Rivers will go for a second medal in today’s prone competition after winning bronze in the 10m air rifle on Friday.
OXFORDSHIRE COMPETITORS IN ACTION TODAY
10.45: Dan Rivers (England) prone qualifying (final 1.45pm).
10.51: James Jurkiewicz (Guernsey) 200m backstroke heat 3.
12.20: Hannah England – 1,500m heat 1.
2pm: Zoe Shipperley (England) v Australia.
4pm: Emma Batten (Wales) v Scotland.
11.11am: Daniel Hooker (England) T37 100m heat 2 (final 8.40pm).
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow