DIDCOT Barramundi’s Freddie Wilkinson won a gold medal in the ASA British Gas South East Regional Open Water Championship at Westhampnett Lake, near Chichester.
Wilkinson won the 12-year-old boys’ 1,500m to earn an invitation to compete in the national championships at the Rother Valley Country Park, near Sheffield, next month.
Clubmate Aoife Kelly, 15, collected bronze in the girls’ 2,000m.
Abingdon Vale’s Nienke Lijzenga took three victories in Wycombe SC’s summer meet at Handy Cross.
Lijzenga won the 100m breaststroke, 200m breastroke and the 200m individual medley.
She also produced five other top-three finishes.
Other victories came from Will Devetta (50m butterfly) and Alice Martin (50m backstroke).
Max Bolcato, Cameron Bullock, Simon Chester, Jessica Kan, Charlotte Rowley and Pippa Sayers.
BICESTER Blue Fins’ Kieran Bird, 14, has received confirmation that his time of 2mins 8.82secs at the Oxon & North Bucks County Championships at Aylesbury in March was a regional junior record for the 200m butterfly.
The mark has been ratified by the South East Regional Amateur Swimming Association.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Holder Preben Krabben makes it to ODDA play-offs
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat