DIDCOT Barramundi’s Freddie Wilkinson won a gold medal in the ASA British Gas South East Regional Open Water Championship at Westhampnett Lake, near Chichester.
Wilkinson won the 12-year-old boys’ 1,500m to earn an invitation to compete in the national championships at the Rother Valley Country Park, near Sheffield, next month.
Clubmate Aoife Kelly, 15, collected bronze in the girls’ 2,000m.
Abingdon Vale’s Nienke Lijzenga took three victories in Wycombe SC’s summer meet at Handy Cross.
Lijzenga won the 100m breaststroke, 200m breastroke and the 200m individual medley.
She also produced five other top-three finishes.
Other victories came from Will Devetta (50m butterfly) and Alice Martin (50m backstroke).
Max Bolcato, Cameron Bullock, Simon Chester, Jessica Kan, Charlotte Rowley and Pippa Sayers.
BICESTER Blue Fins’ Kieran Bird, 14, has received confirmation that his time of 2mins 8.82secs at the Oxon & North Bucks County Championships at Aylesbury in March was a regional junior record for the 200m butterfly.
The mark has been ratified by the South East Regional Amateur Swimming Association.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United