DIDCOT Barramundi’s Freddie Wilkinson won a gold medal in the ASA British Gas South East Regional Open Water Championship at Westhampnett Lake, near Chichester.
Wilkinson won the 12-year-old boys’ 1,500m to earn an invitation to compete in the national championships at the Rother Valley Country Park, near Sheffield, next month.
Clubmate Aoife Kelly, 15, collected bronze in the girls’ 2,000m.
Abingdon Vale’s Nienke Lijzenga took three victories in Wycombe SC’s summer meet at Handy Cross.
Lijzenga won the 100m breaststroke, 200m breastroke and the 200m individual medley.
She also produced five other top-three finishes.
Other victories came from Will Devetta (50m butterfly) and Alice Martin (50m backstroke).
Max Bolcato, Cameron Bullock, Simon Chester, Jessica Kan, Charlotte Rowley and Pippa Sayers.
BICESTER Blue Fins’ Kieran Bird, 14, has received confirmation that his time of 2mins 8.82secs at the Oxon & North Bucks County Championships at Aylesbury in March was a regional junior record for the 200m butterfly.
The mark has been ratified by the South East Regional Amateur Swimming Association.
Latest Sport news
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee