DIDCOT Barramundi’s Freddie Wilkinson won a gold medal in the ASA British Gas South East Regional Open Water Championship at Westhampnett Lake, near Chichester.
Wilkinson won the 12-year-old boys’ 1,500m to earn an invitation to compete in the national championships at the Rother Valley Country Park, near Sheffield, next month.
Clubmate Aoife Kelly, 15, collected bronze in the girls’ 2,000m.
Abingdon Vale’s Nienke Lijzenga took three victories in Wycombe SC’s summer meet at Handy Cross.
Lijzenga won the 100m breaststroke, 200m breastroke and the 200m individual medley.
She also produced five other top-three finishes.
Other victories came from Will Devetta (50m butterfly) and Alice Martin (50m backstroke).
Max Bolcato, Cameron Bullock, Simon Chester, Jessica Kan, Charlotte Rowley and Pippa Sayers.
BICESTER Blue Fins’ Kieran Bird, 14, has received confirmation that his time of 2mins 8.82secs at the Oxon & North Bucks County Championships at Aylesbury in March was a regional junior record for the 200m butterfly.
The mark has been ratified by the South East Regional Amateur Swimming Association.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Warborough & Shillingford bowler Tim Chamberlain takes all ten wickets