DIDCOT Barramundi’s Freddie Wilkinson won a gold medal in the ASA British Gas South East Regional Open Water Championship at Westhampnett Lake, near Chichester.
Wilkinson won the 12-year-old boys’ 1,500m to earn an invitation to compete in the national championships at the Rother Valley Country Park, near Sheffield, next month.
Clubmate Aoife Kelly, 15, collected bronze in the girls’ 2,000m.
Abingdon Vale’s Nienke Lijzenga took three victories in Wycombe SC’s summer meet at Handy Cross.
Lijzenga won the 100m breaststroke, 200m breastroke and the 200m individual medley.
She also produced five other top-three finishes.
Other victories came from Will Devetta (50m butterfly) and Alice Martin (50m backstroke).
Max Bolcato, Cameron Bullock, Simon Chester, Jessica Kan, Charlotte Rowley and Pippa Sayers.
BICESTER Blue Fins’ Kieran Bird, 14, has received confirmation that his time of 2mins 8.82secs at the Oxon & North Bucks County Championships at Aylesbury in March was a regional junior record for the 200m butterfly.
The mark has been ratified by the South East Regional Amateur Swimming Association.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers