Banbury captain Jimmy Phillips believes they are well-placed for another decent run in the ECB National Club Twenty20 competition.
Phillips’s side take on High Wycombe in the Home Counties Premier League semi-finals at Oxford CC’s Roman Way ground at 11.30am on Sunday, with the winners facing Slough or Henley at 3pm.
Last year Banbury reached the national finals at The Oval before losing an indoor bowl-out on a day ruined by rain.
Phillips said: “We have got players who can hit the ball a long way and we are a well-balanced side.
“We showed that if you win our section, there is a really good chance of progressing.
“Since then, we have added Liam Manley and Dan Harris to the squad, which gives us extra bowling and batting options.”
Overseas player Dean Bartlett is ineligible.
Banbury: L Sabin, Harris, West, Hawkes, Cater, Tew, Ryan, Blanchard, Wright, Manley, J Phillips (capt).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships