Banbury captain Jimmy Phillips believes they are well-placed for another decent run in the ECB National Club Twenty20 competition.
Phillips’s side take on High Wycombe in the Home Counties Premier League semi-finals at Oxford CC’s Roman Way ground at 11.30am on Sunday, with the winners facing Slough or Henley at 3pm.
Last year Banbury reached the national finals at The Oval before losing an indoor bowl-out on a day ruined by rain.
Phillips said: “We have got players who can hit the ball a long way and we are a well-balanced side.
“We showed that if you win our section, there is a really good chance of progressing.
“Since then, we have added Liam Manley and Dan Harris to the squad, which gives us extra bowling and batting options.”
Overseas player Dean Bartlett is ineligible.
Banbury: L Sabin, Harris, West, Hawkes, Cater, Tew, Ryan, Blanchard, Wright, Manley, J Phillips (capt).
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships