Banbury captain Jimmy Phillips believes they are well-placed for another decent run in the ECB National Club Twenty20 competition.
Phillips’s side take on High Wycombe in the Home Counties Premier League semi-finals at Oxford CC’s Roman Way ground at 11.30am on Sunday, with the winners facing Slough or Henley at 3pm.
Last year Banbury reached the national finals at The Oval before losing an indoor bowl-out on a day ruined by rain.
Phillips said: “We have got players who can hit the ball a long way and we are a well-balanced side.
“We showed that if you win our section, there is a really good chance of progressing.
“Since then, we have added Liam Manley and Dan Harris to the squad, which gives us extra bowling and batting options.”
Overseas player Dean Bartlett is ineligible.
Banbury: L Sabin, Harris, West, Hawkes, Cater, Tew, Ryan, Blanchard, Wright, Manley, J Phillips (capt).
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener