Oxford City Stars’ squad for the new season continues to take shape with the return of Dax Hedges, an energetic young forward from the city.
The 24-year-old took a year out of the game to travel, but is now back in the UK and will be looking to find the back of net alongside some familiar faces in National League Division 1 next year.
Stars have also confirmed that James Pentecost and Joe Edwards, both also 24-year-old forwards, have signed for another season.
Hedges and Edwards both featured in the Division 2 championship-winning team in 2012/13.
Hedges is looking forward to rejoining the team in a higher division.
“I’m really happy to be back playing in Oxford,” he said.
“It’s good to have the team in NIHL1 to give the club and the kids something to aspire to.”
Pentecost moved to Oxford midway through last season from Peterborough Island-ers, quickly becoming a crowd favourite.
Edwards played a key role in both Stars’ consecutive championship seasons and is another Oxford-born player.
Oxford coach Darren Elliott is happy to reunite Hedges with his home-town club.
He said: “We’re really pleased to have Dax back.
“He brings a lot of speed and likes to get involved – good points which are sometimes difficult to find.”
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro signs two-year contract at 'outstanding' Oxford United
- GOLF: Lucy Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships