OAKLEY’S Matt French will compete in the double trap event as part of England’s 12-strong clay target shooting team.
The 33-year-old won the English title earlier this year and is now targeting a medal in Glasgow on Sunday.
“I am over the moon to be representing England at the Games,” said French, who works as an engineer in Thame.
“This is the high point in my shooting career so far and a dream come true.
“If I never fire another shot after the Games I can retire a happy man knowing I have achieved something very special.
“My minimum aim is to make the top-six final, but realistically I won’t be happy if I don’t return with a medal.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley