OAKLEY’S Matt French will compete in the double trap event as part of England’s 12-strong clay target shooting team.
The 33-year-old won the English title earlier this year and is now targeting a medal in Glasgow on Sunday.
“I am over the moon to be representing England at the Games,” said French, who works as an engineer in Thame.
“This is the high point in my shooting career so far and a dream come true.
“If I never fire another shot after the Games I can retire a happy man knowing I have achieved something very special.
“My minimum aim is to make the top-six final, but realistically I won’t be happy if I don’t return with a medal.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final