Peachcroft Social Club, the Men’s Section 1 leaders caused a big upset with a thrilling 5-4 victory at home to Premier Section pacesetters Goodlake Arms A.
The hosts went 2-0 ahead after wins from Michael Wilkes and Stephen Wilkes, but the Premier boys levelled at 2-2, thanks to Peter Jones and Kevin Wilkins, who recorded a maximum.
The star of the show for Peachcroft was Steve Fisher, who defeated Preben Krabben - even though the league singles champion had two 180s –to restore their lead.
The visitors levelled at 3-3 when Chris Hughes defeated Rob Cook, but Peachcroft would not be denied a famous victory by taking the pairs 2-1.
Kidlington Green Social Club B took over the Premier top spot with an 8-1 win at Marlborough Club, whose only success came when Mark Holtom and Simon Key won the last pairs game, The all-Premier clash saw Rose Hill Community Centre defeat hosts Windrush Social Club 5-4to gain revenge for the previous week's 7-2 defeat.
In Section 2, Donnington Community Centre took a 3-0 lead at home to George Bar C with victories from Mark Worrall, Don Allen and Steve Simmons But George stormed back to win 6-3 after wins from Keith Ballard (180), Dan Jones and Martin Atherton plus a pairs whitewash.
East Oxford Conservative Club, who lost their unbeaten Section 3 record to Village Inn the previous week, gained revenge with a 5-4 home success.
After going 2-0 and 4-2 behind, East Oxford hit back wins from Ade Bowden and Karl Smith and a clean sweep of the pairs.
In Section 7, Northway Community Centre led visiting Nuffield Lounge C 3-2 thanks to Geoff Cook, Aaron Platt and Chris O’Leary, but the visitors stormed back to win 6-3 Ladies Premier leaders Florence Park Community Centre A won 7-2 away to Section 1 side Vikings Social Club thanks to singles wins from Michelle Ewins, Tina Hamilton, Jo Gleed and Angie Pointin.
Section 1 side New Inn completed a double over Premier outfit Black Swan the New Inn with a 5-4 success.
l Teams wishing to enter the Oxfordshire Super League for the coming season, who have not already registered, should contact Jan Wroe (pammy@ mottstravel.com) by the end of July.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory
- Oxford United position will be clearer after big week, says Derek Fazackerley
- Charlton boss believes balanced Oxford United will be tough to defeat
- Changing mood is bringing home comfort for United, says Derek Fazackerley