Jordan Albert secured a seventh-placed finish in the latest round of the BRDC Formula 4 Championship at a rain-hit Oulton Park International Circuit on Saturday.
A hat-trick of points finishes in the three races saw the driver from the Chipping Norton-based Sean Walkinshaw Racing team climb into the top 12 of the drivers’ standings.
Teammate Diego Borrelli took a best place of eighth after charging up the grid from 20th, while Nicolas Beer captured a top-eight place, hoisting him up two places in the standings into 13th position.
“We were delighted to see Jordan take one of his best finishes of the year in the last race, the same goes for Diego too,” said Mike Gomme, SWR’s commercial manager.
“Nicolas deserved much more from the weekend, a late call for slicks in race three should have paid off with a really strong result and it looked like that would be the case early on.
“It’s not been a great weekend overall.
“But we’ll be aiming to put that right on home ground at Silverstone next month (August 16-17).”
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup