Jordan Albert secured a seventh-placed finish in the latest round of the BRDC Formula 4 Championship at a rain-hit Oulton Park International Circuit on Saturday.
A hat-trick of points finishes in the three races saw the driver from the Chipping Norton-based Sean Walkinshaw Racing team climb into the top 12 of the drivers’ standings.
Teammate Diego Borrelli took a best place of eighth after charging up the grid from 20th, while Nicolas Beer captured a top-eight place, hoisting him up two places in the standings into 13th position.
“We were delighted to see Jordan take one of his best finishes of the year in the last race, the same goes for Diego too,” said Mike Gomme, SWR’s commercial manager.
“Nicolas deserved much more from the weekend, a late call for slicks in race three should have paid off with a really strong result and it looked like that would be the case early on.
“It’s not been a great weekend overall.
“But we’ll be aiming to put that right on home ground at Silverstone next month (August 16-17).”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Northampton Town
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame