Jordan Albert secured a seventh-placed finish in the latest round of the BRDC Formula 4 Championship at a rain-hit Oulton Park International Circuit on Saturday.
A hat-trick of points finishes in the three races saw the driver from the Chipping Norton-based Sean Walkinshaw Racing team climb into the top 12 of the drivers’ standings.
Teammate Diego Borrelli took a best place of eighth after charging up the grid from 20th, while Nicolas Beer captured a top-eight place, hoisting him up two places in the standings into 13th position.
“We were delighted to see Jordan take one of his best finishes of the year in the last race, the same goes for Diego too,” said Mike Gomme, SWR’s commercial manager.
“Nicolas deserved much more from the weekend, a late call for slicks in race three should have paid off with a really strong result and it looked like that would be the case early on.
“It’s not been a great weekend overall.
“But we’ll be aiming to put that right on home ground at Silverstone next month (August 16-17).”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City
- WATCH: Oxford United loan signing spectacularly scoring for West Ham in Checkatrade Trophy
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton delighted at four-midable Oxford United display
- Rob Hall owes me one, jokes Marvin Johnson after Oxford United win at Rochdale
- Ryan Ledson overjoyed at breaking his duck in Oxford United victory
- CRICKET: Ian Hawtin appointed chairman of selectors for Oxfordshire
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s double shoots Banbury United into play-off spots
- FOOTBALL: Depleted North Leigh battle hard for a draw at Evesham