Jordan Albert secured a seventh-placed finish in the latest round of the BRDC Formula 4 Championship at a rain-hit Oulton Park International Circuit on Saturday.
A hat-trick of points finishes in the three races saw the driver from the Chipping Norton-based Sean Walkinshaw Racing team climb into the top 12 of the drivers’ standings.
Teammate Diego Borrelli took a best place of eighth after charging up the grid from 20th, while Nicolas Beer captured a top-eight place, hoisting him up two places in the standings into 13th position.
“We were delighted to see Jordan take one of his best finishes of the year in the last race, the same goes for Diego too,” said Mike Gomme, SWR’s commercial manager.
“Nicolas deserved much more from the weekend, a late call for slicks in race three should have paid off with a really strong result and it looked like that would be the case early on.
“It’s not been a great weekend overall.
“But we’ll be aiming to put that right on home ground at Silverstone next month (August 16-17).”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities
- Simon Eastwood bidding to establish himself as Oxford United's No 1