Jordan Albert secured a seventh-placed finish in the latest round of the BRDC Formula 4 Championship at a rain-hit Oulton Park International Circuit on Saturday.
A hat-trick of points finishes in the three races saw the driver from the Chipping Norton-based Sean Walkinshaw Racing team climb into the top 12 of the drivers’ standings.
Teammate Diego Borrelli took a best place of eighth after charging up the grid from 20th, while Nicolas Beer captured a top-eight place, hoisting him up two places in the standings into 13th position.
“We were delighted to see Jordan take one of his best finishes of the year in the last race, the same goes for Diego too,” said Mike Gomme, SWR’s commercial manager.
“Nicolas deserved much more from the weekend, a late call for slicks in race three should have paid off with a really strong result and it looked like that would be the case early on.
“It’s not been a great weekend overall.
“But we’ll be aiming to put that right on home ground at Silverstone next month (August 16-17).”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United