GREAT & Little Tew’s bad luck with the weather continued when their Division 2 derby clash at Shipton-under-Wychwood was washed out.
The visitors had built up an impressive 215-8 from 55 overs when a thunderstorm ended play for the day.
It is the second time in three weeks that Tew have made a decent total only to be denied by the rain.
Both sides had to settle for just six points, which does not help Tew’s predicament in the relegation zone.
Shipton, who chose to bowl first, made the better start through their overseas player Anumpam Sanklecha.
The Indian seamer took the wickets of Ashley Hubbert and Markus Jeacock to reduce Tew to 9-2.
Joe White was then joined by Harry Smith, who dominated a third-wicket stand of 81 by taking the attack to the home bowlers.
After White became Sanklecha’s third victim – the paceman finishing with 4-69 from 17 overs – Smith and Robbie Catling took the score to 144-4 before Smith departed for 72.
Catling reached an aggressive half-century before being run out by Calvin Dickinson.
Skipper Andy Harris and Lloyd Brock took the score past the 200-mark.
Then the heavens opened.
Latest Sport news
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup
- FOOTBALL: Andy McCabe's double settles it for Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- FOOTBALL: Another Kayleigh Tubb treble leads super Oxford City Under 12s on a six-goal spree
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)