ASTON Rowant never recovered from a stuttering start and lost by six wickets in their Division 1 match at Slough on Saturday.
The toss was to prove crucial and after being put into bat in steamy conditions, Rowant mustered only 113 in 51.5 overs.
This was inadequate as the batting conditions improved and the hosts eased home in 25 overs.
The result leaves Rowant one place above the relegation zone, although still 27 points clear of Great & Little Tew.
From the moment they lost opener Richard Cook in the second over, Rowant struggled against the Slough seam attack.
Chris Watling and Tim Morgan both fell with the score on 26, and the prize wicket of Nick Ferraby came at 42.
Top scorer for Rowant was England Under 19 international Miles Hammond, who batted 76 balls for his 22.
No 10 Adam Muttitt added 18 before becoming one of two late victims for spinner Bobby Sher.
Ali Akbar returned the best figures of 3-32.
Rowant hopes were briefly raised when Waqas Hussain fell to the first ball of the Slough reply bowled by Wes Morrick, who also dismissed the other opener, Nabil Shah.
But the innings was dominated by Shaan Khan, who hammered 81 not out off 78 balls with 15 fours to speed Slough to victory.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas