Limato could go for the Gimcrack Stakes at York next month after completing a hat-trick in impressive style for Wantage trainer Henry Candy at Newbury yesterday.
The two-year-old gelding cruised home under James Doyle to take the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes – Sponsored By Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd by a length and a quarter from Cotai Glory.
Candy said of the 11-8 second favourite: “I thought James was enormously confident. “I think we’ll go to the Gimcrack.”
- Oxford United striker James Roberts joins Stalybridge Celtic on loan
- Oxford United boss delivers Wembley warning to his players ahead of Chesterfield trip
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington reveal ground renovation plans
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses fourth halfway cut in a row
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid