Limato could go for the Gimcrack Stakes at York next month after completing a hat-trick in impressive style for Wantage trainer Henry Candy at Newbury yesterday.
The two-year-old gelding cruised home under James Doyle to take the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes – Sponsored By Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd by a length and a quarter from Cotai Glory.
Candy said of the 11-8 second favourite: “I thought James was enormously confident. “I think we’ll go to the Gimcrack.”
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France