Limato could go for the Gimcrack Stakes at York next month after completing a hat-trick in impressive style for Wantage trainer Henry Candy at Newbury yesterday.
The two-year-old gelding cruised home under James Doyle to take the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes – Sponsored By Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd by a length and a quarter from Cotai Glory.
Candy said of the 11-8 second favourite: “I thought James was enormously confident. “I think we’ll go to the Gimcrack.”
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat