Limato could go for the Gimcrack Stakes at York next month after completing a hat-trick in impressive style for Wantage trainer Henry Candy at Newbury yesterday.
The two-year-old gelding cruised home under James Doyle to take the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes – Sponsored By Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd by a length and a quarter from Cotai Glory.
Candy said of the 11-8 second favourite: “I thought James was enormously confident. “I think we’ll go to the Gimcrack.”
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales was aware of Juan Sartori's visit, says Stewart Donald
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62