Limato could go for the Gimcrack Stakes at York next month after completing a hat-trick in impressive style for Wantage trainer Henry Candy at Newbury yesterday.
The two-year-old gelding cruised home under James Doyle to take the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes – Sponsored By Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd by a length and a quarter from Cotai Glory.
Candy said of the 11-8 second favourite: “I thought James was enormously confident. “I think we’ll go to the Gimcrack.”
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round