OXFORD are firm favourites to win Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League following a nine-wicket victory over second-placed Charlbury at Roman Way.
Having asked the visitors to bat, Oxford tore through Charlbury’s line-up, dismissing them for just 37 in 18 overs.
Lucy Gladdy finished with 4-16, Ellie Noble took 3-1 and Emilia Bartram claimed 3-16 as seven Charlbury batters failed to score. Only Louise Myatt (16) made her mark.
Oxford knocked the runs off for the loss of one wicket in 10.4 overs, Ellie Bath finishing on 20 not out.
Standings: 1 Oxford 106pts, 2 Charlbury 55, 3 Astwood Bank 50, 4 Four Oaks Saints 40, 5 Banbury 31, 6 Moddershall 12.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20