OXFORD are firm favourites to win Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League following a nine-wicket victory over second-placed Charlbury at Roman Way.
Having asked the visitors to bat, Oxford tore through Charlbury’s line-up, dismissing them for just 37 in 18 overs.
Lucy Gladdy finished with 4-16, Ellie Noble took 3-1 and Emilia Bartram claimed 3-16 as seven Charlbury batters failed to score. Only Louise Myatt (16) made her mark.
Oxford knocked the runs off for the loss of one wicket in 10.4 overs, Ellie Bath finishing on 20 not out.
Standings: 1 Oxford 106pts, 2 Charlbury 55, 3 Astwood Bank 50, 4 Four Oaks Saints 40, 5 Banbury 31, 6 Moddershall 12.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Warborough & Shillingford bowler Tim Chamberlain takes all ten wickets
- FOOTBALL: St Edmunds Under 18s bow out with double celebration
- AUNT SALLY: Roger Goodall and Pip Goulding lead New Club's comeback victory
- FOOTBALL: Summertown crowned champions after one defeat all season
- CRICKET: Witney Swifts flying high after George Seacole's all-round show
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment