OXFORD are firm favourites to win Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League following a nine-wicket victory over second-placed Charlbury at Roman Way.
Having asked the visitors to bat, Oxford tore through Charlbury’s line-up, dismissing them for just 37 in 18 overs.
Lucy Gladdy finished with 4-16, Ellie Noble took 3-1 and Emilia Bartram claimed 3-16 as seven Charlbury batters failed to score. Only Louise Myatt (16) made her mark.
Oxford knocked the runs off for the loss of one wicket in 10.4 overs, Ellie Bath finishing on 20 not out.
Standings: 1 Oxford 106pts, 2 Charlbury 55, 3 Astwood Bank 50, 4 Four Oaks Saints 40, 5 Banbury 31, 6 Moddershall 12.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss