OXFORD are firm favourites to win Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League following a nine-wicket victory over second-placed Charlbury at Roman Way.
Having asked the visitors to bat, Oxford tore through Charlbury’s line-up, dismissing them for just 37 in 18 overs.
Lucy Gladdy finished with 4-16, Ellie Noble took 3-1 and Emilia Bartram claimed 3-16 as seven Charlbury batters failed to score. Only Louise Myatt (16) made her mark.
Oxford knocked the runs off for the loss of one wicket in 10.4 overs, Ellie Bath finishing on 20 not out.
Standings: 1 Oxford 106pts, 2 Charlbury 55, 3 Astwood Bank 50, 4 Four Oaks Saints 40, 5 Banbury 31, 6 Moddershall 12.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise