OXFORD are firm favourites to win Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League following a nine-wicket victory over second-placed Charlbury at Roman Way.
Having asked the visitors to bat, Oxford tore through Charlbury’s line-up, dismissing them for just 37 in 18 overs.
Lucy Gladdy finished with 4-16, Ellie Noble took 3-1 and Emilia Bartram claimed 3-16 as seven Charlbury batters failed to score. Only Louise Myatt (16) made her mark.
Oxford knocked the runs off for the loss of one wicket in 10.4 overs, Ellie Bath finishing on 20 not out.
Standings: 1 Oxford 106pts, 2 Charlbury 55, 3 Astwood Bank 50, 4 Four Oaks Saints 40, 5 Banbury 31, 6 Moddershall 12.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches