Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is eyeing a push for his first podium of the EuroFormula Open campaign when rounds nine and ten take place at Silverstone this weekend.
After four consecutive points scoring finishes, the Campos Racing driver is confident of a rostrum challenge, having taken a career-best top-five finish last time out in Hungary.
“I’m really looking forward to being back at Silverstone,” said Walkinshaw.
“It’s always great to race on home soil and after such a strong performance in Hungary, confidence in the team is high.
“We need to get it right in qualifying. Over the last few race weekends we’ve made some big steps there so hopefully we can put the car on the first couple of rows.
“We’ve definitely got a realistic chance of challenging for the podium at the weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 2 (Nelson 16, Hall 17), Shrewsbury Town 0
- Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s our final game but we won’t be in cruise control
- Oxford United unveil new home kit
- Permutations: Nine teams in League One have all to play for in final game today
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side