Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is eyeing a push for his first podium of the EuroFormula Open campaign when rounds nine and ten take place at Silverstone this weekend.
After four consecutive points scoring finishes, the Campos Racing driver is confident of a rostrum challenge, having taken a career-best top-five finish last time out in Hungary.
“I’m really looking forward to being back at Silverstone,” said Walkinshaw.
“It’s always great to race on home soil and after such a strong performance in Hungary, confidence in the team is high.
“We need to get it right in qualifying. Over the last few race weekends we’ve made some big steps there so hopefully we can put the car on the first couple of rows.
“We’ve definitely got a realistic chance of challenging for the podium at the weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow