Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is eyeing a push for his first podium of the EuroFormula Open campaign when rounds nine and ten take place at Silverstone this weekend.
After four consecutive points scoring finishes, the Campos Racing driver is confident of a rostrum challenge, having taken a career-best top-five finish last time out in Hungary.
“I’m really looking forward to being back at Silverstone,” said Walkinshaw.
“It’s always great to race on home soil and after such a strong performance in Hungary, confidence in the team is high.
“We need to get it right in qualifying. Over the last few race weekends we’ve made some big steps there so hopefully we can put the car on the first couple of rows.
“We’ve definitely got a realistic chance of challenging for the podium at the weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent
- MOTOR SPORT: Witney driver James Hall lightens load ahead of rally season
- Josh Ashby to stay at Oxford City for season after Oxford United agree extension