LOTTIE Wynne-Jones stormed to back-to-back wins as Bicester Blue Fins climbed to fifth in the Milton Keynes & District League Division 1 table by finishing third in the second round gala at Hillingdon, London.
The 11-year-old touched home first in the girls’ 50m backstroke before winning the 50m butterfly, breaking club age group records in both.
Freddie Ashley-Sparks broke the club’s age group record in winning the 11-year-old boys’ 50m freestyle.
Maddy Powell won the ten-year-old girls’ 50m butterfly, with Bicester’s fifth win coming from Freddy Bunce in the nine-year-old boys’ 25m backstroke.
Blue Fins’ results ensured they qualified for the final gala, which will feature the top six teams in the league – the best position in the club’s history.
The third and final round takes place on September 13 at Oxford’s Temple Cowley pool.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton