LOTTIE Wynne-Jones stormed to back-to-back wins as Bicester Blue Fins climbed to fifth in the Milton Keynes & District League Division 1 table by finishing third in the second round gala at Hillingdon, London.
The 11-year-old touched home first in the girls’ 50m backstroke before winning the 50m butterfly, breaking club age group records in both.
Freddie Ashley-Sparks broke the club’s age group record in winning the 11-year-old boys’ 50m freestyle.
Maddy Powell won the ten-year-old girls’ 50m butterfly, with Bicester’s fifth win coming from Freddy Bunce in the nine-year-old boys’ 25m backstroke.
Blue Fins’ results ensured they qualified for the final gala, which will feature the top six teams in the league – the best position in the club’s history.
The third and final round takes place on September 13 at Oxford’s Temple Cowley pool.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback