LOTTIE Wynne-Jones stormed to back-to-back wins as Bicester Blue Fins climbed to fifth in the Milton Keynes & District League Division 1 table by finishing third in the second round gala at Hillingdon, London.
The 11-year-old touched home first in the girls’ 50m backstroke before winning the 50m butterfly, breaking club age group records in both.
Freddie Ashley-Sparks broke the club’s age group record in winning the 11-year-old boys’ 50m freestyle.
Maddy Powell won the ten-year-old girls’ 50m butterfly, with Bicester’s fifth win coming from Freddy Bunce in the nine-year-old boys’ 25m backstroke.
Blue Fins’ results ensured they qualified for the final gala, which will feature the top six teams in the league – the best position in the club’s history.
The third and final round takes place on September 13 at Oxford’s Temple Cowley pool.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas