LOTTIE Wynne-Jones stormed to back-to-back wins as Bicester Blue Fins climbed to fifth in the Milton Keynes & District League Division 1 table by finishing third in the second round gala at Hillingdon, London.
The 11-year-old touched home first in the girls’ 50m backstroke before winning the 50m butterfly, breaking club age group records in both.
Freddie Ashley-Sparks broke the club’s age group record in winning the 11-year-old boys’ 50m freestyle.
Maddy Powell won the ten-year-old girls’ 50m butterfly, with Bicester’s fifth win coming from Freddy Bunce in the nine-year-old boys’ 25m backstroke.
Blue Fins’ results ensured they qualified for the final gala, which will feature the top six teams in the league – the best position in the club’s history.
The third and final round takes place on September 13 at Oxford’s Temple Cowley pool.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action