LOTTIE Wynne-Jones stormed to back-to-back wins as Bicester Blue Fins climbed to fifth in the Milton Keynes & District League Division 1 table by finishing third in the second round gala at Hillingdon, London.
The 11-year-old touched home first in the girls’ 50m backstroke before winning the 50m butterfly, breaking club age group records in both.
Freddie Ashley-Sparks broke the club’s age group record in winning the 11-year-old boys’ 50m freestyle.
Maddy Powell won the ten-year-old girls’ 50m butterfly, with Bicester’s fifth win coming from Freddy Bunce in the nine-year-old boys’ 25m backstroke.
Blue Fins’ results ensured they qualified for the final gala, which will feature the top six teams in the league – the best position in the club’s history.
The third and final round takes place on September 13 at Oxford’s Temple Cowley pool.
Latest Sport news
- England Under-20 itinerary in France could rule Ryan Ledson out of three Oxford United games
- Michael Appleton calls on Oxford United to deliver in front of Sky Sports cameras at Luton Town
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- CRICKET: Ex-Oxfordshire bowler Jack Brooks delighted to agree new deal with Yorkshire
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final