Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success