Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny