ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORDSHIRE powered into the knockout stages after a nine-wicket victory over Shropshire at Shrewsbury.
The emphatic win saw Oxon finish third in Group 4 and set up an away last 16 clash against opponents to be confirmed on Sunday, July 27.
Opener Darryl Woods provided the visitors’ star turn with 76 not out to go alongside his three catches in Shropshire’s 171-7.
Paul Hemming bagged 3-34, with Steve Roberts claiming 2-22.
Oxon lost captain Paul Tew early on, but Woods and Alistair Thomas saw them to 172-1 with almost seven overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth