ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORDSHIRE powered into the knockout stages after a nine-wicket victory over Shropshire at Shrewsbury.
The emphatic win saw Oxon finish third in Group 4 and set up an away last 16 clash against opponents to be confirmed on Sunday, July 27.
Opener Darryl Woods provided the visitors’ star turn with 76 not out to go alongside his three catches in Shropshire’s 171-7.
Paul Hemming bagged 3-34, with Steve Roberts claiming 2-22.
Oxon lost captain Paul Tew early on, but Woods and Alistair Thomas saw them to 172-1 with almost seven overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League
- MOTORSPORT: Paul Di Resta retained as Williams official reserve driver for 2017 season