ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORDSHIRE powered into the knockout stages after a nine-wicket victory over Shropshire at Shrewsbury.
The emphatic win saw Oxon finish third in Group 4 and set up an away last 16 clash against opponents to be confirmed on Sunday, July 27.
Opener Darryl Woods provided the visitors’ star turn with 76 not out to go alongside his three catches in Shropshire’s 171-7.
Paul Hemming bagged 3-34, with Steve Roberts claiming 2-22.
Oxon lost captain Paul Tew early on, but Woods and Alistair Thomas saw them to 172-1 with almost seven overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve