ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORDSHIRE powered into the knockout stages after a nine-wicket victory over Shropshire at Shrewsbury.
The emphatic win saw Oxon finish third in Group 4 and set up an away last 16 clash against opponents to be confirmed on Sunday, July 27.
Opener Darryl Woods provided the visitors’ star turn with 76 not out to go alongside his three catches in Shropshire’s 171-7.
Paul Hemming bagged 3-34, with Steve Roberts claiming 2-22.
Oxon lost captain Paul Tew early on, but Woods and Alistair Thomas saw them to 172-1 with almost seven overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Callum O'Dowda makes senior Ireland debut but misses out on Euro 2016 squad
- Danny Hylton rejects Oxford United to join Luton Town
- Johnny Mullins signs for Luton Town following release by Oxford United
- Oxford United youngsters Jack Stevens and Miles Welch-Hayes sign professional contracts
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title