ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORDSHIRE powered into the knockout stages after a nine-wicket victory over Shropshire at Shrewsbury.
The emphatic win saw Oxon finish third in Group 4 and set up an away last 16 clash against opponents to be confirmed on Sunday, July 27.
Opener Darryl Woods provided the visitors’ star turn with 76 not out to go alongside his three catches in Shropshire’s 171-7.
Paul Hemming bagged 3-34, with Steve Roberts claiming 2-22.
Oxon lost captain Paul Tew early on, but Woods and Alistair Thomas saw them to 172-1 with almost seven overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener