DAVIDSTOW VILLAGE CUP
GREAT & Little Tew will not be grumbling about their long journey to Cornwall’s Roche Old Boys for Sunday’s quarter-final showdown.
Tew’s 13-man squad will depart at 7am that morning for the 220-mile trip, but captain Andy Harris is relishing it.
“It will be a long way, but these are the games you play for in the Village Cup,” he said.
“It is the first time the club have been to this stage and we are not taking anything for granted.
“If we carry on playing the way we have been, we’ll give ourselves a good chance.”
Mike Darby, Josh Garrett, Jack Haggett and Lawrence Brock are added to tomorrow’s legue side, with Matt Woods and Curtly Slatter ineligible.
Great & Little Tew: from White, Hubbert, Jeacock, Smith, Shurmer, Catling, Harris (capt), Lloyd Brock, Bryan, Darby, Josh Garrett, Haggett, Lawrence Brock.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent