DAVIDSTOW VILLAGE CUP
GREAT & Little Tew will not be grumbling about their long journey to Cornwall’s Roche Old Boys for Sunday’s quarter-final showdown.
Tew’s 13-man squad will depart at 7am that morning for the 220-mile trip, but captain Andy Harris is relishing it.
“It will be a long way, but these are the games you play for in the Village Cup,” he said.
“It is the first time the club have been to this stage and we are not taking anything for granted.
“If we carry on playing the way we have been, we’ll give ourselves a good chance.”
Mike Darby, Josh Garrett, Jack Haggett and Lawrence Brock are added to tomorrow’s legue side, with Matt Woods and Curtly Slatter ineligible.
Great & Little Tew: from White, Hubbert, Jeacock, Smith, Shurmer, Catling, Harris (capt), Lloyd Brock, Bryan, Darby, Josh Garrett, Haggett, Lawrence Brock.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign