DAVIDSTOW VILLAGE CUP
GREAT & Little Tew will not be grumbling about their long journey to Cornwall’s Roche Old Boys for Sunday’s quarter-final showdown.
Tew’s 13-man squad will depart at 7am that morning for the 220-mile trip, but captain Andy Harris is relishing it.
“It will be a long way, but these are the games you play for in the Village Cup,” he said.
“It is the first time the club have been to this stage and we are not taking anything for granted.
“If we carry on playing the way we have been, we’ll give ourselves a good chance.”
Mike Darby, Josh Garrett, Jack Haggett and Lawrence Brock are added to tomorrow’s legue side, with Matt Woods and Curtly Slatter ineligible.
Great & Little Tew: from White, Hubbert, Jeacock, Smith, Shurmer, Catling, Harris (capt), Lloyd Brock, Bryan, Darby, Josh Garrett, Haggett, Lawrence Brock.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities