DAVIDSTOW VILLAGE CUP
GREAT & Little Tew will not be grumbling about their long journey to Cornwall’s Roche Old Boys for Sunday’s quarter-final showdown.
Tew’s 13-man squad will depart at 7am that morning for the 220-mile trip, but captain Andy Harris is relishing it.
“It will be a long way, but these are the games you play for in the Village Cup,” he said.
“It is the first time the club have been to this stage and we are not taking anything for granted.
“If we carry on playing the way we have been, we’ll give ourselves a good chance.”
Mike Darby, Josh Garrett, Jack Haggett and Lawrence Brock are added to tomorrow’s legue side, with Matt Woods and Curtly Slatter ineligible.
Great & Little Tew: from White, Hubbert, Jeacock, Smith, Shurmer, Catling, Harris (capt), Lloyd Brock, Bryan, Darby, Josh Garrett, Haggett, Lawrence Brock.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales