GILES Waterson and Chloe Elliott were the top local performers among a field of almost 500 in the Perry & Sinclair Championships at Virgin Active.
Waterson reached the under 18 boys’ final, where he lost 6-2, 6-0 to top seed Caleb Dyer, from Gloucestershire.
Elliott finished third in the under 10 girls’ competition after losing in the semi-final to eventual winner Orianna Parkins-Goodwin, from Surrey.
- OXFORDSHIRE’S remaining teams missed out on qualification for the Aegon County regional competition next year after suffering 10-2 defeats.
Woodstock Ladies lost to visitors Virgin Active’s Royal Berkshire club, while Abingdon’s men lost against David Lloyd Milton Keynes.
- ST Helen & St Katharine School, Abingdon, finished 15th out of 16 teams at the Aberdare Cup finals in Sheffield.
The squad of Felicity Wilkins, Lizzy Shortis, Rebecca Carmen, Ella Windsor-Lewis and Hattie Ruck won their final match 8-4 against St Swithun’s (Hampshire).
- BANBURY Town kept their 100 per cent record in OLTA Wilson League Mixed Division 1 with a 4-0 win at Oxford City.
Mixed Div 1: Oxford City 0, Banbury 4; North Oxford B 4, Thame 0; Virgin Active 2, North Oxford 2; Woodstock 3, Cholsey 1.
Mixed Div 2: Benson 3, Abingdon 1; Bicester 3, Benson 1; Wantage 1, Witney 3.
Mixed Div 3: Banbury WE 1, Oxford Sports 3; Blewbury 1, Portcullis 3; Goring 2, Wychwoods 2; North Oxford 4, David Lloyd 0.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss