GILES Waterson and Chloe Elliott were the top local performers among a field of almost 500 in the Perry & Sinclair Championships at Virgin Active.
Waterson reached the under 18 boys’ final, where he lost 6-2, 6-0 to top seed Caleb Dyer, from Gloucestershire.
Elliott finished third in the under 10 girls’ competition after losing in the semi-final to eventual winner Orianna Parkins-Goodwin, from Surrey.
- OXFORDSHIRE’S remaining teams missed out on qualification for the Aegon County regional competition next year after suffering 10-2 defeats.
Woodstock Ladies lost to visitors Virgin Active’s Royal Berkshire club, while Abingdon’s men lost against David Lloyd Milton Keynes.
- ST Helen & St Katharine School, Abingdon, finished 15th out of 16 teams at the Aberdare Cup finals in Sheffield.
The squad of Felicity Wilkins, Lizzy Shortis, Rebecca Carmen, Ella Windsor-Lewis and Hattie Ruck won their final match 8-4 against St Swithun’s (Hampshire).
- BANBURY Town kept their 100 per cent record in OLTA Wilson League Mixed Division 1 with a 4-0 win at Oxford City.
Mixed Div 1: Oxford City 0, Banbury 4; North Oxford B 4, Thame 0; Virgin Active 2, North Oxford 2; Woodstock 3, Cholsey 1.
Mixed Div 2: Benson 3, Abingdon 1; Bicester 3, Benson 1; Wantage 1, Witney 3.
Mixed Div 3: Banbury WE 1, Oxford Sports 3; Blewbury 1, Portcullis 3; Goring 2, Wychwoods 2; North Oxford 4, David Lloyd 0.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback