GILES Waterson and Chloe Elliott were the top local performers among a field of almost 500 in the Perry & Sinclair Championships at Virgin Active.
Waterson reached the under 18 boys’ final, where he lost 6-2, 6-0 to top seed Caleb Dyer, from Gloucestershire.
Elliott finished third in the under 10 girls’ competition after losing in the semi-final to eventual winner Orianna Parkins-Goodwin, from Surrey.
- OXFORDSHIRE’S remaining teams missed out on qualification for the Aegon County regional competition next year after suffering 10-2 defeats.
Woodstock Ladies lost to visitors Virgin Active’s Royal Berkshire club, while Abingdon’s men lost against David Lloyd Milton Keynes.
- ST Helen & St Katharine School, Abingdon, finished 15th out of 16 teams at the Aberdare Cup finals in Sheffield.
The squad of Felicity Wilkins, Lizzy Shortis, Rebecca Carmen, Ella Windsor-Lewis and Hattie Ruck won their final match 8-4 against St Swithun’s (Hampshire).
- BANBURY Town kept their 100 per cent record in OLTA Wilson League Mixed Division 1 with a 4-0 win at Oxford City.
Mixed Div 1: Oxford City 0, Banbury 4; North Oxford B 4, Thame 0; Virgin Active 2, North Oxford 2; Woodstock 3, Cholsey 1.
Mixed Div 2: Benson 3, Abingdon 1; Bicester 3, Benson 1; Wantage 1, Witney 3.
Mixed Div 3: Banbury WE 1, Oxford Sports 3; Blewbury 1, Portcullis 3; Goring 2, Wychwoods 2; North Oxford 4, David Lloyd 0.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points