Oxford's Andy Triggs Hodge can’t wait to compete in the Netherlands after being named in Great Britain’s team for next month’s World Championships.
The double Olympic champion will stroke a four, which is made up of 2012 gold medallist Alex Gregory, from the Leander club at Henley, with 2013 world men's eight champions George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, in Amsterdam from August 24-31.
Triggs Hodge was also in the eight who struck gold in South Korea last year to take his tally of world titles to three after being a member of the winning four in 2005 and 2006.
Eye-catching wins from the four at two World Cups, the European Championships and Henley this year have made them one of the crews to watch in the championships.
And Triggs Hodge said: “Holland is a great rowing nation, with a huge following.
“Having a chance to race in Amsterdam will be akin to racing at our Olympic home in Dorney.
“The crowd make any sporting event and I’m eager to see what the Dutch will do and, knowing the Dutch a little, I think this will be a worlds to remember.”
Triggs Hodge and Gregoery are among a host of Oxon rowers in the 66-strong squad.
OTHER OXON COMPETITORS
Pair: M Langridge.
Coxed pair: A Sinclair, S Durant.
Four: A Gregory, A Triggs Hodge.
Eight: T Ransley, M Gotrel, P Reed, C Louloudis, M Tarrant, W Satch, P Hill (cox).
Double scull: J Collins, J Walton.
Quadruple scull: C Cousins, P Lambert.
Lightweight pair: J Clegg.
Lightweight four: M Aldred, P Chambers, R Chambers.
Lightweight double scull: W Fletcher, J Kirkwood.
Eight: R Bradbury, O Carnegie-Brown, K Greves, L Reese, P Swann, Z de Toledo.
Double scull: F Houghton, V Thornley.
Quadruple scull: V Meyer-Laker.
Spare: M Relph.
Lightweight four: E Poggott, B Stubbs.
Mixed coxed four: P Relph, O James.
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong