Oxford's Andy Triggs Hodge can’t wait to compete in the Netherlands after being named in Great Britain’s team for next month’s World Championships.
The double Olympic champion will stroke a four, which is made up of 2012 gold medallist Alex Gregory, from the Leander club at Henley, with 2013 world men's eight champions George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, in Amsterdam from August 24-31.
Triggs Hodge was also in the eight who struck gold in South Korea last year to take his tally of world titles to three after being a member of the winning four in 2005 and 2006.
Eye-catching wins from the four at two World Cups, the European Championships and Henley this year have made them one of the crews to watch in the championships.
And Triggs Hodge said: “Holland is a great rowing nation, with a huge following.
“Having a chance to race in Amsterdam will be akin to racing at our Olympic home in Dorney.
“The crowd make any sporting event and I’m eager to see what the Dutch will do and, knowing the Dutch a little, I think this will be a worlds to remember.”
Triggs Hodge and Gregoery are among a host of Oxon rowers in the 66-strong squad.
OTHER OXON COMPETITORS
Pair: M Langridge.
Coxed pair: A Sinclair, S Durant.
Four: A Gregory, A Triggs Hodge.
Eight: T Ransley, M Gotrel, P Reed, C Louloudis, M Tarrant, W Satch, P Hill (cox).
Double scull: J Collins, J Walton.
Quadruple scull: C Cousins, P Lambert.
Lightweight pair: J Clegg.
Lightweight four: M Aldred, P Chambers, R Chambers.
Lightweight double scull: W Fletcher, J Kirkwood.
Eight: R Bradbury, O Carnegie-Brown, K Greves, L Reese, P Swann, Z de Toledo.
Double scull: F Houghton, V Thornley.
Quadruple scull: V Meyer-Laker.
Spare: M Relph.
Lightweight four: E Poggott, B Stubbs.
Mixed coxed four: P Relph, O James.
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23