Oxford's Andy Triggs Hodge can’t wait to compete in the Netherlands after being named in Great Britain’s team for next month’s World Championships.
The double Olympic champion will stroke a four, which is made up of 2012 gold medallist Alex Gregory, from the Leander club at Henley, with 2013 world men's eight champions George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, in Amsterdam from August 24-31.
Triggs Hodge was also in the eight who struck gold in South Korea last year to take his tally of world titles to three after being a member of the winning four in 2005 and 2006.
Eye-catching wins from the four at two World Cups, the European Championships and Henley this year have made them one of the crews to watch in the championships.
And Triggs Hodge said: “Holland is a great rowing nation, with a huge following.
“Having a chance to race in Amsterdam will be akin to racing at our Olympic home in Dorney.
“The crowd make any sporting event and I’m eager to see what the Dutch will do and, knowing the Dutch a little, I think this will be a worlds to remember.”
Triggs Hodge and Gregoery are among a host of Oxon rowers in the 66-strong squad.
OTHER OXON COMPETITORS
Pair: M Langridge.
Coxed pair: A Sinclair, S Durant.
Four: A Gregory, A Triggs Hodge.
Eight: T Ransley, M Gotrel, P Reed, C Louloudis, M Tarrant, W Satch, P Hill (cox).
Double scull: J Collins, J Walton.
Quadruple scull: C Cousins, P Lambert.
Lightweight pair: J Clegg.
Lightweight four: M Aldred, P Chambers, R Chambers.
Lightweight double scull: W Fletcher, J Kirkwood.
Eight: R Bradbury, O Carnegie-Brown, K Greves, L Reese, P Swann, Z de Toledo.
Double scull: F Houghton, V Thornley.
Quadruple scull: V Meyer-Laker.
Spare: M Relph.
Lightweight four: E Poggott, B Stubbs.
Mixed coxed four: P Relph, O James.
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event