Oxford's Andy Triggs Hodge can’t wait to compete in the Netherlands after being named in Great Britain’s team for next month’s World Championships.
The double Olympic champion will stroke a four, which is made up of 2012 gold medallist Alex Gregory, from the Leander club at Henley, with 2013 world men's eight champions George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, in Amsterdam from August 24-31.
Triggs Hodge was also in the eight who struck gold in South Korea last year to take his tally of world titles to three after being a member of the winning four in 2005 and 2006.
Eye-catching wins from the four at two World Cups, the European Championships and Henley this year have made them one of the crews to watch in the championships.
And Triggs Hodge said: “Holland is a great rowing nation, with a huge following.
“Having a chance to race in Amsterdam will be akin to racing at our Olympic home in Dorney.
“The crowd make any sporting event and I’m eager to see what the Dutch will do and, knowing the Dutch a little, I think this will be a worlds to remember.”
Triggs Hodge and Gregoery are among a host of Oxon rowers in the 66-strong squad.
OTHER OXON COMPETITORS
Pair: M Langridge.
Coxed pair: A Sinclair, S Durant.
Four: A Gregory, A Triggs Hodge.
Eight: T Ransley, M Gotrel, P Reed, C Louloudis, M Tarrant, W Satch, P Hill (cox).
Double scull: J Collins, J Walton.
Quadruple scull: C Cousins, P Lambert.
Lightweight pair: J Clegg.
Lightweight four: M Aldred, P Chambers, R Chambers.
Lightweight double scull: W Fletcher, J Kirkwood.
Eight: R Bradbury, O Carnegie-Brown, K Greves, L Reese, P Swann, Z de Toledo.
Double scull: F Houghton, V Thornley.
Quadruple scull: V Meyer-Laker.
Spare: M Relph.
Lightweight four: E Poggott, B Stubbs.
Mixed coxed four: P Relph, O James.
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back