Oxonian's Malcolm Rose pipped Mid Oxon’s Eamon Deeley in a thrilling finish to the Beeline League Cycle Time Trial, hosted by Oxford City RC.
An outward bound headwind made it hard work to the turn on the Witney bypass course.
But it was Rose, who adapted best to come home first in 21mins 17secs, just a second ahead of Deeley, with Oxonian’s Gavin Tilson third in 21.38.
Oxonian’s Aimee Fenwick led home the women in an impressive 24.31.
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United