Oxonian's Malcolm Rose pipped Mid Oxon’s Eamon Deeley in a thrilling finish to the Beeline League Cycle Time Trial, hosted by Oxford City RC.
An outward bound headwind made it hard work to the turn on the Witney bypass course.
But it was Rose, who adapted best to come home first in 21mins 17secs, just a second ahead of Deeley, with Oxonian’s Gavin Tilson third in 21.38.
Oxonian’s Aimee Fenwick led home the women in an impressive 24.31.
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League