Oxfordshire Ladies suffered an agonising 33-32 defeat by Hampshire in the Walker Cup national double rink regional semi-final at Sutton, Surrey.
Pat Ostler’s four of Margaret Morris, Sylvia Rogers, Angie Ives chalked up a 24-16 win over Hampshire skip Allyson Flint.
But Jeanette Berry’s rink of Margaret Bullock, Brenda Havard and Carole Galletly were beaten 17-8 by skip Brenda Plumpton.
Hampshire 33, Oxfordshire 32
(Hampshire rinks first)
Rink 1: L Russell, L Johnson, R Corney, B Plumpton 17, M Bullock, B Havard, C Galletly, J Berry 8.
Rink 2: J Arnaud, H Marks, M Holden, A Flint 16, M Morris, S Rogers, A Ives, P Ostler 24.
- Oxfordshire Ladies beat Berkshire 122-110 in a friendly at Shrivenham.
Oxfordshire 122, Berkshire 110 (Oxon skips first): P Ostler 24, J Evans 13; C Penson 25, J Holmes 19; C Morgan 5, S Harrison 34; J Berry 24, W Smart 10; S Rogers 15, G Chamberlain 24; D Jacob 29, H Simpson 10.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Northampton Town
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame