ALEX Dew raced to an impressive fifth podium of the season as he finished second in the BMW Compact Cup at Rockingham Speedway.
After qualifying third fastest, the driver from Bampton, near Witney, gained a place off the line.
He set the fastest lap in pursuit of victory, but was eventually edged out by less than two-tenths of a second.
The LED Lenser-backed racer completed a good weekend by finishing ninth in the second race after a difficult opening lap.
He said: “The last couple of rounds have been difficult for us, but it’s a great feeling to finally be back on the podium and pushing for the wins.”
Dew, who is fourth in the championship, is back in action at Silverstone on August 22.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign