ALEX Dew raced to an impressive fifth podium of the season as he finished second in the BMW Compact Cup at Rockingham Speedway.
After qualifying third fastest, the driver from Bampton, near Witney, gained a place off the line.
He set the fastest lap in pursuit of victory, but was eventually edged out by less than two-tenths of a second.
The LED Lenser-backed racer completed a good weekend by finishing ninth in the second race after a difficult opening lap.
He said: “The last couple of rounds have been difficult for us, but it’s a great feeling to finally be back on the podium and pushing for the wins.”
Dew, who is fourth in the championship, is back in action at Silverstone on August 22.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands