EAST Oxford Conservative Club’s unbeaten record in Greene King ODDA Summer League Section 3 came to an end as they crashed to a 5-4 defeat at Village Inn.
The hosts looked up against it after going 3-0 down, but Colin Royall, Darren Andrews and John King hit back to level the match.
The visitors edged ahead with the first pairs game, but the Villagers took the last two to secure the upset.
Bottom club Cricketers Arms C also sprung a surprise 5-4 win at home to leaders Vikings.
Chris Kearney, Alan Hunter (180) and Gary Brain, plus a 2-1 pairs win, sealed the points.
The shocks continued in the ladies’ matches, where Section 1’s New Inn downed Premier outfit, visitors Black Swan, 6-3.
Top flight side Rileys were heading for a similar upset as they trailed 3-1 at home to Donnington Community Centre A, from Section 1.
Paulette Guy and Denise Pape levelled and a 3-0 pairs success gave Rileys a 6-3 win.
Premier & Section 1: Goodlake Arms A 7, Peachcroft SC 2; Green Rd SC B 9, Marlborough Club 0; Rose Hill CC 2, Windrush Club 7.
Section 2: Cowley Workers SC 7, Cricketers Arms A 2.
Section 3: Black Bull 4, Democrats Club 5; Cricketers Arms C 5, Vikings SC 4; Village Inn 5, East Oxford CC 4.
Section 4: Bullnose Morris 4, Masons Arms 5.
Section 5: Six Bells A 4, Crown House B 5; Littlemore Rugby Club A 2, Golden Ball A 7.
Section 6: Ampleforth Arms 5, Headington RBL 4; George Bar B 4, Prince Of Wales B 5.
Section 7: Golden Ball B 4, New Club 5; Nuffield Lounge C 3, Northway CC 6.
Section 8: Red Lion B 4, Crown Inn A 5; Crown House A 6, Butchers Arms 3.
Premier & Section 1: Rileys SC 6, Donnington CC A 3; New Inn 6, Black Swan 3; Florence Park CC A 7, Vikings SC 2.
Section 2: Donnington CC B 3, Kidlington Green SC 6; Berinsfield CC 6, Crown Inn 3.
Section 3: Six Bells A 4, Catherine Wheel D 5; Democrats Club 8, Cricketers Arms 1.
Section 4: Catherine Wheel C 6, Six Bells C 3.
Section 5: George Bar A 6, Headington RBL B 3; Crown House 4, Marston RBL 5.
Section 6: Masons Arms 4, Six Bells B 5.
Section 7: Catherine Wheel B 6, Ampleforth Arms 3; Cowley CC B 4, Butchers Arms 5; Six Bells 4, Jolly Post Boys B 5.
LAST WEEK’S 180s
H Prowton (Rileys SC Ladies), T Tricker (Rose Hill CC), S Tricker (Rose Hill CC), T Wood (Rose Hill CC), M Holtom (Marlborough Club), S Wright (Green Rd SC B), S Holly (Green Rd SC B), S Turner (Peachcroft SC), W Honour (Cowley Workers SC), C Room (Black Bull), S Pollard (Vikings SC), A Hunter (Cricketers Arms C), H Massingham (Littlemore Rugby Club A), L Darvill (New Club), G Cozier (Donnington CC).
P Eagle (Windrush Club) 121, J Palmer (Green Rd SC B) 120 , A Sawyer (Cricketers Arms C) 120, P Clark (New Inn Ladies) 118, R Huggins (Six Bells A) 117, S Holly (Green Rd SC B) 114, T Wheeler (Black Horse) 106, R Bull (Windrush SC) 104, A Marks (Donnington CC A) 102, P Hall (Cowley Workers SC) 101, M Worrall (Donnington CC) 100.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season