EAST Oxford Conservative Club’s unbeaten record in Greene King ODDA Summer League Section 3 came to an end as they crashed to a 5-4 defeat at Village Inn.
The hosts looked up against it after going 3-0 down, but Colin Royall, Darren Andrews and John King hit back to level the match.
The visitors edged ahead with the first pairs game, but the Villagers took the last two to secure the upset.
Bottom club Cricketers Arms C also sprung a surprise 5-4 win at home to leaders Vikings.
Chris Kearney, Alan Hunter (180) and Gary Brain, plus a 2-1 pairs win, sealed the points.
The shocks continued in the ladies’ matches, where Section 1’s New Inn downed Premier outfit, visitors Black Swan, 6-3.
Top flight side Rileys were heading for a similar upset as they trailed 3-1 at home to Donnington Community Centre A, from Section 1.
Paulette Guy and Denise Pape levelled and a 3-0 pairs success gave Rileys a 6-3 win.
Premier & Section 1: Goodlake Arms A 7, Peachcroft SC 2; Green Rd SC B 9, Marlborough Club 0; Rose Hill CC 2, Windrush Club 7.
Section 2: Cowley Workers SC 7, Cricketers Arms A 2.
Section 3: Black Bull 4, Democrats Club 5; Cricketers Arms C 5, Vikings SC 4; Village Inn 5, East Oxford CC 4.
Section 4: Bullnose Morris 4, Masons Arms 5.
Section 5: Six Bells A 4, Crown House B 5; Littlemore Rugby Club A 2, Golden Ball A 7.
Section 6: Ampleforth Arms 5, Headington RBL 4; George Bar B 4, Prince Of Wales B 5.
Section 7: Golden Ball B 4, New Club 5; Nuffield Lounge C 3, Northway CC 6.
Section 8: Red Lion B 4, Crown Inn A 5; Crown House A 6, Butchers Arms 3.
Premier & Section 1: Rileys SC 6, Donnington CC A 3; New Inn 6, Black Swan 3; Florence Park CC A 7, Vikings SC 2.
Section 2: Donnington CC B 3, Kidlington Green SC 6; Berinsfield CC 6, Crown Inn 3.
Section 3: Six Bells A 4, Catherine Wheel D 5; Democrats Club 8, Cricketers Arms 1.
Section 4: Catherine Wheel C 6, Six Bells C 3.
Section 5: George Bar A 6, Headington RBL B 3; Crown House 4, Marston RBL 5.
Section 6: Masons Arms 4, Six Bells B 5.
Section 7: Catherine Wheel B 6, Ampleforth Arms 3; Cowley CC B 4, Butchers Arms 5; Six Bells 4, Jolly Post Boys B 5.
LAST WEEK’S 180s
H Prowton (Rileys SC Ladies), T Tricker (Rose Hill CC), S Tricker (Rose Hill CC), T Wood (Rose Hill CC), M Holtom (Marlborough Club), S Wright (Green Rd SC B), S Holly (Green Rd SC B), S Turner (Peachcroft SC), W Honour (Cowley Workers SC), C Room (Black Bull), S Pollard (Vikings SC), A Hunter (Cricketers Arms C), H Massingham (Littlemore Rugby Club A), L Darvill (New Club), G Cozier (Donnington CC).
P Eagle (Windrush Club) 121, J Palmer (Green Rd SC B) 120 , A Sawyer (Cricketers Arms C) 120, P Clark (New Inn Ladies) 118, R Huggins (Six Bells A) 117, S Holly (Green Rd SC B) 114, T Wheeler (Black Horse) 106, R Bull (Windrush SC) 104, A Marks (Donnington CC A) 102, P Hall (Cowley Workers SC) 101, M Worrall (Donnington CC) 100.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships
- AUNT SALLY: John Townsend dominates Kidlington Winter League finals night