CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers slipped to a 58-16 home defeat against Nottingham Outlaws, despite having led 16-6.
Cavaliers’ third straight loss saw them fall four points behind Nottingham and Valley Cougars, while leaders Sheffield Hallam Eagles march on with a 100 per cent record.
Hit by several call-ups for Oxford RL the following day, Cavaliers led 10-0 and then 16-6 after 20 minutes.
Andy Winfield bagged a try and two goals, while Owen Hunt and Jim Roden also crossed over.
However, James Goodwin led the way for Nottingham with a hat-trick of tries.
Joe Barton added two, while Jonathan Shields, Adrian Chaima, Chris Prime, Alex Whittle and Joseph Goulty also crossed over.
Shields also kicked nine conversions.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats