CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers slipped to a 58-16 home defeat against Nottingham Outlaws, despite having led 16-6.
Cavaliers’ third straight loss saw them fall four points behind Nottingham and Valley Cougars, while leaders Sheffield Hallam Eagles march on with a 100 per cent record.
Hit by several call-ups for Oxford RL the following day, Cavaliers led 10-0 and then 16-6 after 20 minutes.
Andy Winfield bagged a try and two goals, while Owen Hunt and Jim Roden also crossed over.
However, James Goodwin led the way for Nottingham with a hat-trick of tries.
Joe Barton added two, while Jonathan Shields, Adrian Chaima, Chris Prime, Alex Whittle and Joseph Goulty also crossed over.
Shields also kicked nine conversions.
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's senior men thrilled to finally clinch Chiltern Cross Country League victory